Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 507Comp ???

RippSpeed

I have Sig Romeo 3 XL's on my 2 Bullesteros race guns and just installed 2 HS 507Comp on my HPS Open Master race guns. No issues switching from one platform to the other. The Sigs are very good and have excellent warranty, but HS are way more cost efficient and equally good (I only use the 2.5 dot and not the other radicals - they are to big and distracting for target focus). HS Warranty is not at same level as the Sigs.

I have astigmatism so I have built in MOA growing abilities. I use the 2MOA dot and up brightness as needed for a bigger effective dot lol

On 5/9/2024 at 5:24 AM, StefVanHauwe said:

I have Sig Romeo 3 XL's on my 2 Bullesteros race guns and just installed 2 HS 507Comp on my HPS Open Master race guns. No issues switching from one platform to the other. The Sigs are very good and have excellent warranty, but HS are way more cost efficient and equally good (I only use the 2.5 dot and not the other radicals - they are to big and distracting for target focus). HS Warranty is not at same level as the Sigs.

I like the sigs and their warranty is great... Unfortunately I've had to use the warranty one too many times on the romeo max that was on my open gun.   For the last 5k rounds I've been using the HS and have been quite pleased with it.

I thought in the beginning I was going to want the 2MOA dot and the 8MOA ring since I've always shot a 6MOA or larger dot (since original CMores.) But I found the combination distracting (I was hoping they would merge at speed to an 8MOA dot but I kept noticing ring +dot.) Fortunately with the dot turned up to full brightness it is bright enough and blooms enough to work just fine for me.

27 minutes ago, caspian guy said:

I like the sigs and their warranty is great... Unfortunately I've had to use the warranty one too many times on the romeo max that was on my open gun.   For the last 5k rounds I've been using the HS and have been quite pleased with it.

I thought in the beginning I was going to want the 2MOA dot and the 8MOA ring since I've always shot a 6MOA or larger dot (since original CMores.) But I found the combination distracting (I was hoping they would merge at speed to an 8MOA dot but I kept noticing ring +dot.) Fortunately with the dot turned up to full brightness it is bright enough and blooms enough to work just fine for me.

Are you using a red dot?

Try the green version - I find it's a bit blurrier than the red version, and hence why the 2moa dot seemed to be bigger 2moa. On the green version, the 8moa ring + 2moa dot do seem to merge into one for me. In the red version, I can clearly make out the ring and dot.

2 hours ago, Blackstone45 said:

Are you using a red dot?

Try the green version - I find it's a bit blurrier than the red version, and hence why the 2moa dot seemed to be bigger 2moa. On the green version, the 8moa ring + 2moa dot do seem to merge into one for me. In the red version, I can clearly make out the ring and dot.

Yes I'm using the red version... The green seems interesting and I'll probaly put one on something eventually but I have too many years of brain training associated with using red dots on open guns to quickly make the change.

I have the Green and like it so far.  Not Sure it is better than my red NRO.  I have been using it with the 8 MOA dot but turn it down lower than the 6 MOA red dot.  This seems to make it less distracting and it is still easy to pick up.  

Well Ive been running these since june of 2023 ... on my open gun and my LO 

Ive settled with 2moa dot and 8moa circle for uspsa.

Ive used the 2moa dot and 20moa circle for a stage that has super close targets. Its stupid fast but not accurate enough at farther distances.

I have a stigmatizm; soo the 2moa and the 8moa blends and just ends up being 1 big dot 8moa dot. Which works perfectly fine for me.

All the holosun stuff is good ... currently have all eps carry green dots on all my edc stuff and 507comp on all my comp guns and retired my 510c to of my long guns 

That's because there's a lot more shades of green out in nature, so it's kind of handy for Og and Grog to know if some fruit is good to eat.  But green can also be annoying when it's leaves on the backstop.   

Red is a natural attention-getter.  Depending how you use a dot, that can be good or bad.  They default to red mostly due to early LED physics.

15 hours ago, sharko said:

I have a red and a green, started with the green but I think I like the red better. I just use the dot, dot &8MOA circle a little strange and the other two circles, well I don't know what they are for but useless.

This! And I find the dot itself too small. I don't understand how hard it can be for Holosun just to make a normal 6 or 8 MOA dot. Maybe in 5 years or so...