Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case getting stuck on last stage of Dillon 750xl

I setup a Dillon 750xl last year. When reloading 9mm cartridges, on the 5th and final stage when ejecting some cartridges get stuck between the shell plate and the ejector wire. If I try to just push through it the whole setup shakes so violently that powder is thrown everywhere from the cartridges still waiting for a bullet.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

on a 650 had a similar problem.  the ejection wire rides up on the center bolthead.

I bent the loop to hold tighter and I bent the other end inward a little

to help hold the wire taut. a pair of pliers were required to get it over the bolt

my next plan was to grind a groove into the bolt head...

so far, the judicious bending has held.

miranda

This issue broke endless indexing rings on my automated processing only 650.  There are 3D plastic versions that attach to the center bolt and Eliminate the sticking entirely.  Along with an aluminum index ring has totally eliminated all issues I was having.  Even my FW arms decapper found its happy place.

First, are you lubing your cases as you should be? When I process freshly cleaned, unlubed brass it hangs up constantly. Sprayed some one shot on them and it stopped sticking completely.

38 minutes ago, Sarge said:

First, are you lubing your cases as you should be? When I process freshly cleaned, unlubed brass it hangs up constantly. Sprayed some one shot on them and it stopped sticking completely.

The reloader is having a problem with the finished round ejecting from the shell plate.

It is always an issue with the wire moving away from the shell plate. The fix has been covered by a couple of posters on this thread.  Bend the wire so it is essentially against the plate or get the replacement fix. Same issue on both 650 and 750. I bent the wire. 

I recently ran into this resizing 40 cases

i chucked the shell plate in a vice and used a dremel with a cradex polishing tip and polished the rim where it touches the cases mirror smooth

it allow for a smoother release when the case hits the wire

8 hours ago, HesedTech said:

The reloader is having a problem with the finished round ejecting from the shell plate.

It is always an issue with the wire moving away from the shell plate. The fix has been covered by a couple of posters on this thread.  Bend the wire so it is essentially against the plate or get the replacement fix. Same issue on both 650 and 750. I bent the wire. 

Lube still helps. I have found my wire lifted way out of the hole and still worked fine. My wire is bent as well since I run a bearing. I also green pad the wire a few times a year. 

• 3 months later...

Reviving this old post. I bought the Entirely Crimson case ejector. I'm STILL getting cases stuck when ejecting from the press. I tried it right next to the case feed assembly and it just binds each case. I several positions but no matter where this thing is located shells just get stuck.

4 minutes ago, brassgoblin34 said:

Reviving this old post. I bought the Entirely Crimson case ejector. I'm STILL getting cases stuck when ejecting from the press. I tried it right next to the case feed assembly and it just binds each case. I several positions but no matter where this thing is located shells just get stuck.

You lubing cases? When I run dry cases for just depriming mine hangs up. When I hit them first with one shot, no hangups

On 7/12/2023 at 5:27 PM, brassgoblin34 said:

I bought the Entirely Crimson case ejector. I'm STILL getting cases stuck when ejecting from the press.

The issue is the newer shell plates are a bit tighter for precision and the fancy case ejectors have a wide ejector. The case needs to wobble a bit as it slides out and ejects. How do I know? I have a new 750 and found the wide/tall ejector of the after market ejector didn’t help. The solution is the old bend the stock wire ejector so that it is right against the shell plate. For me that fixes the jamming/stuck issue. 

See pic.

You can try trimming the fancy after market ejector so that it is lower and see if it helps. 

IMG_0233.jpeg

On 7/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, Sarge said:

You lubing cases? When I run dry cases for just depriming mine hangs up. When I hit them first with one shot, no hangups

I just realized I've been ignoring your posts. I'm sorry about that.

I'm using Hornady One shot. I put a few handfuls of cases into a plastic bag, do two squirts of one shot, and then toss and turn the bag until feel like I did my job lol.