Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rival-S and Freedomsmith Triggers

jsoupene

I checked my DS Steel takeup and reset.  Mine is 5.5mm and 4mm.  My TP9 SFX with a FS Zombie Pro trigger is 4.5mm and 2mm.  I sent an email in to FS about which trigger will net the same result in the DS Steel as the SFX.  Looking forward to your results!

8 hours ago, WxGuy said:

I checked my DS Steel takeup and reset.  Mine is 5.5mm and 4mm.  My TP9 SFX with a FS Zombie Pro trigger is 4.5mm and 2mm.  I sent an email in to FS about which trigger will net the same result in the DS Steel as the SFX.  Looking forward to your results!

I just got the Sport model and it fit perfectly. I only have the Rival-S but will measure it tomorrow and see how it compares to yours. Please let me know what FS says if you don't mind. Would love to have the takeup and reset like your SFX.

My FS Zombie Pro showed up and I finished the installation.  The FS ZP takeup is 2.64mm and the reset is 2.30mm.  This will work!

I like the recessed sides rather than the large flat area of the stock trigger.

image.png.c1a1b41ac8628e272a78e4fd8da306fb.png

Edited by WxGuy

22 hours ago, fuzzysights said:

Chef, quite hoarding so the rest of us can find an S!!!    LOL

Still just one S but picked up another polymer rival. I’m going to sell the black one to my buddy who’s just getting started though. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2023 at 7:05 PM, WxGuy said:

My FS Zombie Pro showed up and I finished the installation.  The FS ZP takeup is 2.64mm and the reset is 2.30mm.  This will work!

I like the recessed sides rather than the large flat area of the stock trigger.

image.png.c1a1b41ac8628e272a78e4fd8da306fb.png

This is exactly what I am looking for!  Where can I get one?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just installed the "Sport" (it took me 2 minutes total --no guidance, no instructions, no prior experience), and it fits and works flawlessly.

Over the stock trigger, the pre-travel is drastically reduced. With the stock trigger, the dingus it self is already a long travel and when you finally get on the trigger shoe itself, there's more travel yet to go. The "Sport" trigger's dingus is just like the stock Glock trigger's dingus. It has no weight to it and it just goes it as soon as your index finger touches it. The pre-travel is about 1/8" before a very noticeable wall. It breaks with no give once you're on the wall. It's like a switch, no mush.