Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa certified ammo AVAILABLE?

cnote

Is there a list, or can we put one together for companies that load ammo to uspsa power factor levels.

If you needed ammo in a pinch, instead of reloading it.

I understand the process of becoming certified,

I'm talking about 40 and 9 major or 9 about 130/5 instead of factorylevels.

1) FENIX AMMUNITION

• 2 weeks later...

Precision One loads a 9mm 124 grain round to USPSA power factors (129 PF out of a 4 inch barrel) ( 9mm 124gr FMJ (REMANUFACTURED) COMPETITION - Precision ONe Ammunition ).  It's not USPSA certified, but should pass chrono.

NC Shooters Supply also loads a 9mm 125 grain round to USPSA power factors (130 PF out of a 5 inch barrel) ( 1000ct 9MM 125gr Minor power factor – NCSHOOTERS SUPPLY ).   It's not USPSA certified, but should pass chrono.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 8:00 AM, cnote said:

So the FENIX 124 9mm practice ammo was a consistent 142.5 PF out of 2 different 1911's with 5" barrels at 32*F

Good luck with their ammo.... I see a lot of failures with it in multiple different guns. And had a lot of issues with it myself before I started reloading. 

8 hours ago, Joe4d said:

You could buy the Sig ammo that doesnt make power factor but they pass enough bucks to get it certified anyways.

Is it?   Or does Sig know that certified ammo can be 10 PF off of 125 to pass at chrono.  Maybe they are the smart ones in they figured out a way for their sponsored shooters to use sub minor ammo?  Maybe they are just exploiting what seems to be a ridiculous rule.  

9 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Is it?   Or does Sig know that certified ammo can be 10 PF off of 125 to pass at chrono.  Maybe they are the smart ones in they figured out a way for their sponsored shooters to use sub minor ammo?  Maybe they are just exploiting what seems to be a ridiculous rule.  

that just reinforces what I said,,, pass some bucks, use sub minor ammo,,, yet another turd in the $#!! show that is USPSA leadership...    Special rules for special people been that way as long as I can remember. One set of rules for me, one for thee.

1 hour ago, Joe4d said:

that just reinforces what I said,,, pass some bucks, use sub minor ammo,,, yet another turd in the $#!! show that is USPSA leadership...    Special rules for special people been that way as long as I can remember. One set of rules for me, one for thee.

Anyone can use official match ammo.  Buy some, and use it.  You too can be special.