Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS 2 Orange Safety

MNshooter

The new TS 2 Orange appears to have a different (better???) thumb safety than existing TS2 models. 

Can this thumb safety be used on the Shadow 2 or TS 2 models?

I detest the extended thumb safety on both models and this looks like a better solution. 

1C3603C3-9447-4CEF-BF8A-3E761FD00E88.jpeg

2 hours ago, MNshooter said:

The new TS 2 Orange appears to have a different (better???) thumb safety than existing TS2 models. 

I detest the extended thumb safety on both models and this looks like a better solution. 

better for whom ?   not to me. i prefer the old type.

If they really wanted to make a radical change they could put it higher on the rear sight 🤣

20 hours ago, MNshooter said:

Can this thumb safety be used on the Shadow 2 or TS 2 models?

agreed, I have high grip with my support hand and am waiting for these to come available so I can try it on my TSO

11 hours ago, MNshooter said:

Ok, cool. Now to locate one…..

Let me know if you do. I was looking at some interesting safeties from Sebo's shop recently. According to currency translator, those were about $180.

18 hours ago, YVK said:

Let me know if you do. I was looking at some interesting safeties from Sebo's shop recently. According to currency translator, those were about $180.

Going to need to check overseas its not a part we have in the US yet.

@eerw Great photos! Any chance you want to try putting that safety in a Shadow 2 to confirm it works?

If it works on a S2, can CZC order these safeties?

The height it what is appealing to me. With the S2 safety it contacts my support hand. I’d like to get it higher. 

contacting the safety with my support hand is the entire reason I run flush safeties, even on my TS2 Racing Green. Even on 1911's I can't not jam my hand into the safeties, hence the reason I don't own any. Although I have seen a bunch of my buddies with SVs that have safeties that sit flush with the grip panel, so I guess I could have ordered something like that. I've tried altering my grip to be less thumb forward with the support hand and find it just doesn't work. 

• 1 month later...