Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO 40 to 9mm easy as barrel, mags and GR spring(s)?

Jrcnky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have to fit my cz custom barrel.  Dropped right in.  Has a bit of side to side play when slide is off, but it's locked in.  When I put slide on frame lockup is solid.  I did change the extractor to 9mm and got some 9mm mags.  Runs fine so far with about 50 test rounds through it.  Will shoot it more in the coming weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Why change the barrel and magazines? Why not just load 40 minor and get a EGW red dot plate for 49$.

Cheaper to load 9mm and much less of a hassle than trying to find .40 brass.

That said, until the division is official I will be doing exactly what you suggested

3 hours ago, CC3D said:

Cheaper to load 9mm and much less of a hassle than trying to find .40 brass.

That said, until the division is official I will be doing exactly what you suggested

Magazines and barrel for 2 more rounds doesn't sound worth it to me. I have all the 40 loading stuff. But I do understand the capacity part of it. 

18 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Magazines and barrel for 2 more rounds doesn't sound worth it to me. I have all the 40 loading stuff. But I do understand the capacity part of it. 

Pretty sure you can get up to 24 rounds in a 140mm cz mag- 23 at least. 

I pretty commonly find myself wishing I had an extra round or 2 on stages- 4 would make a considerable difference. We're talking about a capacity range where 1 or 2 extra rounds may mean the difference between requiring a reload and not on a given stage with a round count in the low 20's 

3 hours ago, CC3D said:

Pretty sure you can get up to 24 rounds in a 140mm cz mag- 23 at least. 

I pretty commonly find myself wishing I had an extra round or 2 on stages- 4 would make a considerable difference. We're talking about a capacity range where 1 or 2 extra rounds may mean the difference between requiring a reload and not on a given stage with a round count in the low 20's 

The rune tactical springs/followers or the newer MBX springs/followers + henning base pads should get you up to 24+1 easily.

I run 23+1 with regular CZ tubes, TTI extensions, and grams springs/followers. Maybe after I break my TTI extensions again I'll pick up some MBXs or Hennings lol

Has anyone had any success bending the lips of the .40 mags to match the 9mm opening?

In my location I can't get new mags, but I can use those I have...so modification to convert to 9mm would be much preferred if possible.

1 hour ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Only on the Glock 22 mags, the rest fed fine.

Methinks you may have that backwards, at least on CZ mags. I have several 40 CZ's (CZ75's and TSO) with factory mags and MecGar mags. Not a single one of those 40 mags will allow a 9mm to feed. Every single one of them, when you load a 9mm in them, the round will not stay in...pops right out.

I can, however, load a 40 in a 9mm CZ factory mag and have it load fine.

Do you have the old style MecGar? Because those have different feed lip widths. But for a while now, the newer MecGar 40 and 9 have the same exact lips. This is true for Beretta and Tanfoglio mags too. There are a bunch of threads on it:

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=52385.msg322450#msg322450

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/231618-mecgar-sp01-40-mags-will-they-run-9mm/#comment-2584192

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=709330

Yeah, I only had to do it for the Glock 22 mags (they were factory). But I did not have to modify the MecGar Beretta, CZ and Tanfo mags. I don't know if the factory TS 40 mags work for 9 (but recall hearing that they do). I still use my MecGar Beretta 40 mags for 9. I sold my 40 stuff for CZ and Tanfo a while ago.

Edited by MuayThaiJJ

Gents, I loaded up some .40 minor and shot 50 rounds through the TSO today. Man is it a slick shooter. I might not even consider switching to 9mm after shooting that .40 minor. Definitely load some up and try it out before you go and spend 400 bucks on a new barrel and 9mm magazines!