Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midwest Icore Regional ( Cornhusker Classic)

The Cornhusker Classic Miwest Icore Regional will be held once at Eastern Nebraska Gun club, just outside of  Louisville NE.  It will be held on September 2, 2023.  It will be 8 or 9 stages with a classifier and our beloved chrono.  Registration will open January 1st, 2023.

Register here:

https://practiscore.com/cornhusker-classic-midwest-icore-regional/register

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, abbafandr said:

Mike, always a pleasure to have you.

Dave, classic

Joe, try this link:

https://practiscore.com/cornhusker-classic-midwest-icore-regional/register

Don

I'll be there, just trying to get settled and figure out the plan for this season.  Been quite an "interesting" winter!  

Really looking forward to Spring.

Ok got in, have to sign in to practiscore to see match info. Evidently I had an account already because it wouldn tlet me create an account,  So did the forgot password thing.
So what No rimfire ? gosh.. 

1 hour ago, Joe4d said:

Ok got in, have to sign in to practiscore to see match info. Evidently I had an account already because it wouldn tlet me create an account,  So did the forgot password thing.
So what No rimfire ? gosh.. 

Rimfire is only for local matches, and the ipm, i think.

So watch our mill creek icore as we'll be running the ipm after july.

Whats an IPM ? also I did look in the rules,, didnt say anything about it being local only. Unless I missed it.
It did have a section about official divisons,, that didnt include rimfire..
If the matches and stages come out, may shoot it with my 686 7 shot... aint winning anything anyways.. But want to make sure its a shooting match, and not a climb up a wall match. 😄

2 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Whats an IPM ? also I did look in the rules,, didnt say anything about it being local only. Unless I missed it.
It did have a section about official divisons,, that didnt include rimfire..
If the matches and stages come out, may shoot it with my 686 7 shot... aint winning anything anyways.. But want to make sure its a shooting match, and not a climb up a wall match. 😄

International postal match, our club has consistently placed well and got some loot.

I took the"standard matches" as referencing local matches.

15 hours ago, pskys2 said:

International postal match, our club has consistently placed well and got some loot.

I took the"standard matches" as referencing local matches.

Yup, the guys in our two states did surprisingly well in the last IPM! 

When I read it, I also assumed that "standard" meant "local" as opposed to "State, Regional, IPC" though it doesn't actually ever state that anywhere.

Note:  As a reminder to folks (though I'm certain for most this isn't an issue) rule 10.8 says "Current ICORE membership is required to participate in the Regional Championships and the International Revolver Championship (IRC), for which the ICORE treasury provides award money. "

Just like USPSA and SCSA, you have to be a member to shoot matches above club level.

As for "...want to make sure its a shooting match, and not a climb up a wall match..."  --- it'll be an ICORE match.  :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok signed up, doin a hotel stay..  good news aint got no job,,, bad news aint got no money but plenty of time, better news got plastic
Be my first major and 3rd action match in a decade,, 4th action revolver ever, Was on the fence about my 5" 7 shot limited iron sight  or  627 optic open..   Did some work on the 627 today,, and something isnt quite right... seems I occasionally short stroke it... Dont recall ever having that issue with the 686... and I really enjoy the 686 its my favorite gun. frame size maybe ? I have decades shooting L and K frames,,, weeks on an N frame.
20 minutes from range, there is a Hooters, Boot Barn, and Cabelas all in same parking area.. whats not to love !

Lesson try for squad 2 next time,,,  Bay 3 AKA the oven got a bit warm as the last stage.. Rest of stages were shadey.
I got a bit discouraged on the second, stage,,, I simply cant plant going from right to left with out lightning bolts of pain up my right leg.
I  just switched to left hand reloads this match and have to say I hit all my reloads without issue.  Although I only have a few matches of ICORE, so really not much muscle memory to unlearn . I think they were alot smoother. With strong hand often the clip would be sitting on my hand or side of gun requiring me to flip it away. 
I was on fence, between my 7 shot 686 and the optic mounted 627,, I am pretty new to dots, I shot open, probably woulda had a bit better score with the 686 just due to familiarity. Game was 6 shot neutral,, think only a couple stages had any advantage on the 8 shot,, and that was only if you missed a steel. 
Kinda interesting meeting Enos members I have known forever through Enos... You build up an image in your mind based on interactions, and seems every enos member I end up meeting is a good squad mate and good person to be around.
Went in the match with the goal of not being last place,, and woo hoo mission accomplished.