Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi-gun Uspsa Nationals 2006

The rules for MOR are taken directly from the definition of a standard manual rifle and an open manual rifle in the 2004 USPSA Rifle rules. I see nothing in them about a "maximum" caliber restriction. If the rifle meets the division requirements, it oughta' be legal to use a .50, just not cheap ;-)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, side match, sounds like fun. I'd pay the money just to say I tryed. :D Love those side matches. :D:D If I was going, I wonder if they would let me shoot a 50cal at it. B)

Ronnie

I don't think you can shoot anything bigger than 338 Lapua, or else you are going to break all the targets with your 50BMG. Besides you would be a big disadvantage using a 50. Shooting offhand, kneeling and at awkard positions with a 50 would be tough and not to metion running with it.

When I meant 1000yd shot I meant for the Manual Operated Rifle side match. Last MOR match they were shooting plates at 600yds, Why not 1000. Recently in Iraq a marine had a 1200 meter kill with a bolt action .308, and the Iraqui guy that got shot in the chest was in a 4th floor window of a hospital. I say 1000 yds for a bolt gun it's not that hard of a shot if you know your gun well. And it will probably be a target pretty big like a full size IPSC target made out of steel. I hope you guys from BEND put some targets really out there... :D:D:D

Thanks

Ron

I always travel in on the registration and shooters meeting day and have never made one yet ;-)

Just get there a few minutes early the next morning and get your shooters packet then if you get in too late to make it to the range the day before.

No problemo!

I always travel in on the registration and shooters meeting day and have never made one yet ;-)

Just get there a few minutes early the next morning and get your shooters packet then if you get in too late to make it to the range the day before.

No problemo!

That's what I'm thinking of doing. Also there seem to be a few nice looking brew pubs and microbreweries in Bend!

http://www.visitbend.com/Discover_Bend_Ore...es/default.aspx

Does anyone know what the match hotel is going to be?

No problemo!

That's what I'm thinking of doing. Also there seem to be a few nice looking brew pubs and microbreweries in Bend!

deschutte's brewery-2 places and one place to eat-also a logans and tons of other beer houses...i luv bend.

http://www.visitbend.com/Discover_Bend_Ore...es/default.aspx

Does anyone know what the match hotel is going to be?

probably the dive they used last time (cimmaron, i think). if so, don't stay there...it's lousy.

The place to stay is the Shilo inn suites at the far end of town just past the Riverhouse lodge. It's clean, safe and has the best food I have ever had at a hotel of this stature. They have a Carolina style BBQ restaraunt on premises that also provides the room service food. They make the best BBQ and fixin's I have had outside the Carolinas. MMMMM,MMM! After my wife and I ate there once, we never left the hotel for food again :-)

5 Stars. It's where I'm stayin' again, and again.

• 3 months later...

Okay besides George and Butch, who else from northern California is going? Bastards these damn carrots in front of me EVERYTIME I'm home (and love ya for it)! ;)

I'm sure I've got more than enough rifle ammo ready to go. The pistol will be lubed and ready to rock within hours of getting (especially since I plan on shooting at Yolo the first day I'm back). Shotgun is going to need some help. I know it's not been used in a LONG time. I'll have to get Brownells on the horn now and order some rings, small parts and such.

Anyone got a round count yet? Oh and noticed no Military or Law Enforcement on the Match Application. WTF! I think I remember this being discussed, but didn't know it was actually going to happen. Oh well.

Man....I hope I can make this work. I've got a Cav Arms lower that I need to pick up in Oregon.

SPC (P) Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

So, I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm going to go to US3GN. I gotta see if my favorite 3-Gun coach is available for a day or 2 class maybe in the weeks leading up to it.

I'll be ordering some necessities this week (gear, bullets, powder, primers, etc.) and then when I get home, start putting it all together, getting the rifle and moreso shotgun tuned up and ready to ROCK!

Hopefully I'll be able to talk to friends back home soon about sharing a hotel room with them. Shilo Inn is sounding good, as their rooms are usually pretty nice and they usually have a gym/pool within them and I workout twice a day (yep...I'll be doing PT even at a match).

Anybody got stage info yet? Number of individual gun stages vs. multi-gun stages? Rifle target distances? Weak hand rifle shooting? The only deal there is if I want to run one of the short rifles or long ones.

For shotgun, I'm guessing it's the normal array of spreaders to birdshot to buckshot to slugs. Again, any info here is appreciated. I'm sure that they'll be getting this info out, but any early indications is appreciated.

Since the last 3-Gun match I shot was the birth of the new rules of USPSA "Multi-Gun" is there anything majorly different between them and IMGA that I need to immediately think about until I have a chance to read USPSA's rules?

Hmmm....anything else I'm forgetting. Too bad there's no Trooper Class. I am training up for next year's Bataan Death March (if I'm not in Iraq) :lol: .

Hope to see y'all there. I haven't been this excited since I came down on orders.

Camp Humphreys, ROK

George,

Maybe we should encourage a 3-Gun Nationals/USA Barbeque tour. I grew up in the Willamette Valley, and I have to say, the barbeque must have gotten a lot better to rate it anywhere near Carolina grade. That said, hard to beat Memphis for pork barbeque (or Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur, AL), and the beef brisket at Sonny Bryan's in Dallas is too good for words. Then maybe a trip to KC for some burnt ends? But wait... we better save a little time for shooting!

Looking forward to Albany. Hoping the wind blows the paper mill and Wah Chang far away though...

Paul, it looks like Q is off the menu this year once the match moved to Albany because the Smokin' Swine Publik House is in Bend.

I'm witya' on Sonny Bryan's. Spent almost my entire last trip to Dallas sittin' on their end stool at the counter.

Maybe the next location for the Multigun Nats ought to be decided on the basis of good local "Q" instead of by any other parameter. I'd go east for that ;-)

Okay besides George and Butch, who else from northern California is going? Bastards these damn carrots in front of me EVERYTIME I'm home (and love ya for it)! ;)

Hey Rich,

Myself, Chris, Mark T, John J. and a few new local guys you may or may not have met before you left.

Take care,

Todd

George,

THere is some good BBQ nearby, there is a place in Salem not too far from Albany on S. Commercial called Buster's BBQ. In Eugene on West 11th (take the Beltline to the end) is a place called Hole in the Wall BBQ, and its also really good.

I might could be persuaded to have a couple folks over for some of my Eastern NC-style pulled pork w/ vinegar sauce one evening after shooting is over during the Multigun.

I don't have a smoker, so I slow cook a pork loin on the grill.

Its actually quite good. :D

rich-glad yer gonna get back to the world for a bit to play. adam, jim g & myself will be there fer sure. i'll have an itinerary of pubs layed out b4 long. too bad u can't make the golden bullet this weekend...

Todd & Butch,

Alright. You've sold me on going. Now, who needs/wants a roommate? Who wants to carpool? I'm ordering crap from Brownells and 3GunGear.com today. Damn all of you! :lol:

Looks like we have to be there from the 27th through the 30th-ish. Looks like I'll go to Disneyland after the US3GN. Todd or Butch, if you could send me an e-mail on when you're thinking of going/returning, that'd be huge!

With only check-in/meeting on the 27th I'm not opposed to rolling up there that morning. Too, as we're only shooting in the AM on the 30th, I'm not against rolling back that afternoon/evening. I'll go with what the group wants to do.

Albany is only like 6.5 to 7 hours from the house. Y'all (if it's the bay area guys) can stay either at my house or I'll chip in for a local Motel 6 for you guys and we can roll out early the next day. Get there probably just after lunch (I-80 to I-505 to I-5). If it's the Sacto crew, then meeting up say in Woodland is an option too.

Just some ideas. While I love the truck, when I drove down to SMM3G, a rental car was a must and worked out quite well since it got WAAAAAAY better gas mileage than my Tahoe.

Anyways, thanks for the info. Let me know what y'all are doing.

Take care,

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Thanks again for the food tips Brian. Looks like we will be grubbing large in and around Albany fer' sure :-)

You could probably make a pretty good chunk of change selling chopped pork sandwiches out at the range.

Just to make sure you all got the "memo", the match is in Albany, OR, not Bend...

Match Hotel: Holiday Inn Express in Albany, Oregon. They are offering the following rates:

Single Occupancy - $83

Double Occupancy - $88

Triple Occupancy - $93

Quad Occupancy - $98

Complimentary Express Breakfast, free high speed internet, parking and access to the Business Center.

While no round count is listed, the MOR side match is $50, 3 stages, open class only and held on the 27th.

MarkCO

I think the MOR might be up to 4 stages now. I don't know that the stages are 100% approved yet though.

MOR Stages are 'done' and you're looking at 37 rounds for the 4 stages. Since Albany doesn't have anything over 400 yards we'll be looking at using smaller targets to compensate for the shorter distances.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

US Multi-Gun Nationals

Looked at the rules for "Open". There is no minimum caliber. The round just has to make minor at 150 PF.

So am I assuming correctly that the targets to be used can be "knocked over" or activated with a .223 that makes at least 150 PF?

I'm leaning towards bringing a .223 since the max range will be 400 yards.