Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open/Production Uspsa Nationals - 2006

Does anyone have a street address for the USSA range?

There is not an official street address for USSA yet but the Tulsa Police Academy *right* next door is:

6066 E 66th St North

Tulsa, OK 74117

Any of the hotels by Tulsa International will be close - 10 minutes or so to the range.

The city of Tulsa is still negotiating group rates with the hotels to get costs down so there is not a list of recommended hotels yet. USSA is also negotiating a reduced rate package with National Car Rental for shooting events.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the Nationals don't have a shoot off. That's like a Banana Split without the Banana or a new 1911 without bullets or sex without a climax. I've said many times that the side matches and the shoot offs are as much fun if not more fun than some of the matches. I can't believe a match like this will not have a shoot off. What is this guy thinking, or is he thinking at all. Well at least Frank Garcia knows how to put on a match. Frank you've got my vote.

Ronnie

FWIW if you want to tell Voigt his relative lameness, you might want to try calling STI.. he's been spotted around the shop there lately.

Anyway.. is there anything stopping the shooters / range from putting on a top-16 shootoff amongst themselves after the regular shooting is done? It wouldn't be part of nationals officially, but it would be fun.

Potential reason for lack of shoot-offs:

The results take several hours to complete after each Nationals, therefore the shootoffs cannot be done until the next day. The awards cannot be finalised until after the shootoffs.

Therefore EVERYONE (not just the top 16) has to stay an extra night in the hotel, an extra day away from home and potentially an extra days vacation (for some).

By not having the shoot-offs, the awards can be handed out either early next morning or even that evening of the last shot fired. This means one less night in the hotel. People can start heading home that evening.

I have watched several shoot-offs where not all those eligible even turn up to shoot, so everyone gathers and some top names don't even show up.

Ok maybe I'm confused :wacko: .

On the shoot off's I've shot before you (anybody) paid $20 or $25 to shoot and they shot class on class or used a handicap system. They had nothing to do with the top 16 or so. This made it a separate match. "Man on Man Shoot off" Is this a different kind of Shoot Off?????????????

Ronnie

The one's I've seen or shot had nothing to do with the top 8 or 16. You signed up, paid and shot it. I don't care about the top shooters shoot off, but if they dare to sign up, I'll give them all I've got. It may not be much, but WTH. I don't want to watch someone else having fun, I want to have fun myself.

Ronnie

From what I've been told, waaaay back in the mists of time it was the other way around.. the match was just to determine who got into the shootoffs. The shootoff winner was the 'national champion'. Times have changed.

Michael was kind enough to respond to my email very promptly. Apparently, the majority of you/us/members want shorter matches. The only way to insure shorter Nationals matches with maximal match content is... that's right... nuke the shoot-offs. If he gets a lot of people asking politely to please re-instate the shoot-offs, he says he's open to it....

I don't think we have to shorten the matches. There is about 1 to 2 hours before the awards are started and this is when I've shoot them. Whats the deal? Do we just do things different in Area 6 than the rest of the world? You guys sound like you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm not the one thats confused. :wacko:

Ronnie

It takes longer than 1-2 hours to hold shoot offs for 3+ divisions, men and women (and juniors, possibly). When I was at the '98 NA Champs, there were three divisions. The the top 16 men in Open took an hour or so to get through....

Well I've never shot the nationals, so I don't know how many shooters would shoot it. The Area 6 2002, last years Fl Open and one or two Ga State championships, we had no trouble shooting them in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe there is not that many shooters in Area 6 that like to shoot them, so we could get-ur-done.

Ronnie

FWIW the World Shoot shootoffs took a big part of the day.

Top 8 Revolver. Top 8 Production. Top 8 Modified. Top 8 Standard. Top 8 Open. Top 8 Ladies Standard. Top 8 Ladies Open. Top 8 Junior Open... and so on..

Here we go again. I'm not talking about a shoot off just for the top shooters. I'm talking about one for anyone that wants to shoot it.

And that match is called the American Handgunner World ShootOff Championship. It has nothing to do with how the shootoffs have been done at USPSA Nationals for just about ever.

FWIW the World Shoot shootoffs took a big part of the day.

Top 8 Revolver. Top 8 Production. Top 8 Modified. Top 8 Standard. Top 8 Open. Top 8 Ladies Standard. Top 8 Ladies Open. Top 8 Junior Open... and so on..

when we used to hold em at nationals, it'd take the better part of the morning to get em done.

now, if it's opened up to anyone who might wish to shoot it, the time factor increases substantially.

just my .02

Here we go again. I'm not talking about a shoot off just for the top shooters. I'm talking about one for anyone that wants to shoot it.

Ronnie

Ronnie - you're thinking about side matches (e.g., the shotgun and rifle side matches we had at the Ft. Benning 3 gun match).

There's a distinction between side matches and the "shootoffs."

Ronnie,

The Nationals shoot-offs is based on the Top 16 men in open and limited, and usually top 8 in other divisions. They go head-to-head in a single elimination J-ladder format to get to the final 2. At that point it is best 2 out of 3 for a winner. Just a bragging rights event held after the Nationals are finished.