Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Legion or AXG Pro

boudreux

Looking to get a Sig for Carry Optics. Seems to me that most are shooting the legion. I held an axg pro and it feels pretty good and weighs quite a bit more than my Glock. Other than the weight, is there any reason not to get the axg? 

Plus one for the AXG Pro. The AXG grip changed my mind about the P320 platform. Great ergonomics, nice trigger undercut, just feels like there is better feedback through it. The Legion feels like a heavy brick in comparison IMHO.

I went with the X5 because I am not a fan of the Pro Slides, I think they went a little too far with the slide cuts, but that's just me. I do really like the feel of the AXG grip module though and am planning on getting one at some point to build another P320 with. I built a 3 gun open upper with the PMM comp and 3.6" barrel and slide, so I have the original X5 slide that needs a new grip and FCU. 

Edited by bulldog009

I tried the AXG grip and sold it. It does feel and looks great but I didn’t like  the recoil impulse with that grip. The legion grip could be trimmed to adjust for individual preferences but I I actually like the “brick” feel of the legion.

• 2 weeks later...

AXG with Lok Brass grips for me. I initially started with the TXG grip but never really got comfortable with the grip profile, even after doing some contouring with a dremel. Felt too blocky, particularly on the left corner of the frontstrap - the corner seemed to push into the middle of my firing hand fingers, between the joints. Coming from a full steel single stack, I also was pretty lukewarm on the recoil impulse. For me having long but thinner hands, the AXG felt a lot better, and the palm swells of the Loks really provided a lot more surface area for the support hand palm. Plus with an X300, the balance is really close to my 9mm 1911 and similar weight at 45oz unloaded with mag

Edited by whan