Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTB 1911 9mm Commander size. Trying to equip my three teens.

Jasonatlaw

For USPSA ?  I would get them a 5" Plastic fantastic double stack 9mm. They will run out of the box and the mags will work at full capacity.. Probably half the cost of a 1911 that will still need reliability work. Not to mention they will have way more fun shooting, vs reloading. 
Sig, S&W M&P, XDM Elite,, or Glock 17 . Let em shoot A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want or CO

Edited by Joe4d

Ok edited this a few times,,, "A fudgecicle nobody but crayon chewers and  winder likkers want"   Keeps popping into my posts,,,,  I didnt type it.. I deleted it, hit save and its back in my posts..
Have seen it before in my posts,, thought it was funny,, But never recalled typing it... I am not that poetic. 

For folks starting out in USPSA,,, most defiently.. I think a major brand full size 9mm striker gun would be the way to go..  You are gonna have alot of 30 round stages.,,  Just for me at least I think it would be easier and more fun to only at most do 1 reload. Have a gun that can take drop in parts if you like and will run out of the box on plain jane.   factory ammo.   Run the gun in Limited.........................   Minor.   Or add a dot and run in CO..  

I started out with a Glock 19 in A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want. Quickly went to limited major. Then settled on SS for a few years. Shooting SS helped me get over the worries of where to do a reload and made me work on getting really good at doing them. It also helped me break down a stage really well. It's also super fun to shoot 9 minor in a 1911. 

Shooting A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want is not competitive at all. And if your kids have any competitive nature as all do they will want to see their names higher up in the finish. Shooting minor in a major PF dominant division isn't going to do that. 

Since this has turned into a discussion of whether to purchase a Commander-sized 9mm, it doesn't really resemble an ad anymore.

I'm moving it to the 1911 section for now. 

If the OP still wishes one, please re-list the ad (minus verbiage about the kids, so as to not go down this wormhole again).

-Admin