Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 IPSC Pan American

If it's like the usual, you probably won't know what squad you're on until you show up at registration.  They tend to group shooters from the same region at least somewhat together which is good and bad... you have people you might know on the squad, but you're less likely to meet new people.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, shred said:

If it's like the usual, you probably won't know what squad you're on until you show up at registration.  They tend to group shooters from the same region at least somewhat together which is good and bad... you have people you might know on the squad, but you're less likely to meet new people.

Is it possible to see scores while the match is in progress?

Breakdown

Open 137

Standard 99

Production 158

Revolver 8

Classic 35

Production Optics 125

Production Optics Light 25

Third most popular division is Production Optics. The Light version of the division is not showing too well.

ProdOptics is still a provisional division.

53 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Why the hell they're not on practiscore is beyond me..... Match score on a stand alone website, in their own unique format, is soooo 2009.

They aren't on PractiScore because the IPSC HQ mandates use of their own scoring software for all L4 and L5 matches and this match isn't run on PractiScore.

But, really, if you care about PractiScore you may want to be subscribed to updates, e.g. https://bit.ly/3SaM0ls

9.11.1 The official scoring program for all Level IV or higher matches is the latest version of the Windows® Match Scoring System (WinMSS), unless another scoring program is approved by the IPSC President. For other level matches, no other scoring program can be used without the approval of the Regional Director of the host Region.

IPSC needs to change this rule and recognize PractiScore as well as WinMSS.. The software is leaps ahead of the official tool.

Edited by BritinUSA

On 9/17/2022 at 8:02 PM, BritinUSA said:

Breakdown...

Third most popular division is Production Optics. The Light version of the division is not showing too well.

ProdOptics is still a provisional division.

A more complete breakdown

image.thumb.png.b8ac100324a107e3d29af9d75ce93494.png

2 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

IPSC needs to change this rule and recognize PractiScore as well as WinMSS.. The software is leaps ahead of the official tool.

Feel free to tell that to IPSC or even to your Regional Director. Though I have a pretty good idea what they will answer you... 😐

On the other hand, I don't think you have a good idea what their software is now and what are the reasons or motivations for that.

5 minutes ago, euxx said:

On the other hand, I don't think you have a good idea what their software is now and what are the reasons or motivations for that.

I think every IPSC match I attended around Europe from the early 90’s used this software in one form or another.. So I’m quite familiar with it and the administrative functions it provides in addition to scoring.

10 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

I think every IPSC match I attended around Europe from the early 90’s used this software in one form or another.. So I’m quite familiar with it and the administrative functions it provides in addition to scoring.

That kinda proves you aren't up to speed with the current state of things...

20 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

That’s neat! Another reason for IPSC to incorporate PractiScore is the ability to get data like this. 

See, the PractiScore Competitor app don't need match to be run on PractiScore in order to pull in results and show these stats...

2 hours ago, euxx said:

Can you please provide the functions of their software that dictates IPSC’s policy, and the the ‘reasons or motivations’ that you think direct those policies.

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

Can you please provide the functions of their software that dictates IPSC’s policy, and the the ‘reasons or motivations’ that you think direct those policies.

Since your "every IPSC match I attended around Europe from the early 90’s..." the IPSC had developed and been pushing their own software for electronic scoring for several years now. As afar as I know, that is because they wanted it be their own and owned by them. Though it is currently contracted out to some IROA people and it is built based on their vision how it should work for the sport.

What you see on the web site linked from my FB post is the competitor-facing part of that software.

3 hours ago, Blackstone45 said:

So the overall winner of Standard division did it shooting minor as an experiment. I'll be interested to read his analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of shooting minor in that division.

It seems like he pushed for speed and maintained decent the accuracy to compensate for the point loss in Minor

image.thumb.png.5d4fbde4955df3b584561181f4a717c1.png

Recalculated to Major he would gain 4% in points.

image.thumb.png.b1824965e640f4a909490337eee70e06.png

The time-equivalent for the penalties. About 50 seconds equivalent of penalties added to his total stage time. Good thing penalties are not carried over across stages in HF scoring.

image.thumb.png.ecb4b927f59dcb9fa435cab2d3c124b1.png

But then if you look at the other Minor division times (Production, PO and POL), the Standard times don't look that great

image.thumb.png.77276ff53401162e7551e5ddd9130432.png