Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot slide milling

Shooter212

I am looking for a place to mill my old edge for a plate system for dots. Google didn’t turn up much. I was wondering if some one does milling for the Dawson plates. I know chpws does it but saw some ppl were not there biggest fans on here. 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, Shooter212 said:

I am looking for a place to mill my old edge for a plate system for dots. Google didn’t turn up much. I was wondering if some one does milling for the Dawson plates. I know chpws does it but saw some ppl were not there biggest fans on here. 

From what I understand CHPWS went through a growth period where the orders exceeded their capacity.  I remember a post from the owner somewhere stating that he had hired additional people and fixed some of his business systems.

They are promising 4 week turnarounds on their website. 

I've never had one milled by them but I have some of their optic plates and they are very well made.

YMMV

I had my slide milled for my shadow 2 by CHWPS. The cut was good. The fit and mounting is perfect but the screw holes to the side are very close to the edge of the slide and they didn’t reinforce them. They are slightly bulged and I can see the where the screws are from the outside of the slide.  You have to look close but It’s there. 

I’ve seen other companies reinforce this area so it leaves me wondering 

• 3 weeks later...