Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot covers

DS-10-SPEED

3 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

I've never found one that works as well as the one that comes with the Leupold Delta point Pro. Most fall off the dot so easily they're nothing more than range sacrifices.

The DPP does stick on pretty good. So good that you have to rip the cover off when the buzzer goes off and you realized a little too late that you didn’t take it off on the “make ready” 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have a couple of these on my Holosuns.  They're OK.  They don't snap on or anything, but are just kind of a thin rubber material that is super light and grips well enough that it probably isn't just going to fall off.  I ended up getting a Range Panda cover for my Romeo3Max and like it better.  Tougher material, feels more secure, and is only a dollar or two more.  I just got a SRO recently and went the Range Panda route again because it's the best I've seen so far.

I have these and the Range Panda's for the SRO and Holosun 507c and 510c.  They both work well.

The only advantage I found is that the Range Panda offers a version for the SRO on a milled slide that fits a little better than the Dream Plastics version if the dot is below the slide.

If I had to lose one at the range, I'd rather it be the Dream Plastics version over the range panda version.  Plus, Range Panda offers better color choices.

18 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

The DPP does stick on pretty good. So good that you have to rip the cover off when the buzzer goes off and you realized a little too late that you didn’t take it off on the “make ready” 🤦🏻‍♂️

I've seen that happen, and felt guilty for laughing (quietly) at the cat it happened to.

4 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

I've seen that happen, and felt guilty for laughing (quietly) at the cat it happened to.

I laughed at myself…. About three stages later. Doesn’t help that it was the opening stage and my squad was on the classifier. Live and learn. I tend to take the hard approach to some lessons. 

49 minutes ago, X5SigChris said:

I laughed at myself…. About three stages later. Doesn’t help that it was the opening stage and my squad was on the classifier. Live and learn. I tend to take the hard approach to some lessons. 

Yeah, sometimes if I'm not laughing at my performance, I'd be crying about it.

• 1 month later...