Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC A01 Owners (want to add more weight?)

Posvar

If any of you guys are on Instagram you can now see the grips on the Patriot Defense page. I think they posted the thins on the page and possibly the palm swell in their story which may have expired. They have been using one of my A01 for the fitting work and will be sending it back to me soon with new grips. Check them out and send them a note if you are wanting some and the first batch once available may sell out fast. They are of incredible quality!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Those look great! Womdsr how much they will weig with palm swells amd optic. 

Confirmed right at 58oz or just under with empty mag 

11 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

I want to know when I can buy a set of the palm swell ones. In brass. Should have my A01 back from CZC next week. 

Nice! I would imagine that the grips will be on the website any day now.  

26 minutes ago, Pewpewislife said:

@Posvarso 58oz with palm swells how about the thin grips?

Not sure until I get my hands on mine. It’s delayed until Tuesday now. I get that Patriot would know if you reach out. They respond fast!

I pre ordered sunday.... got shipping info today. I'm excited. Just got the A01 back today too o ly to find out I forgot to have them ream the barrel for my normal minor load. 1.118 oal is just a tad to long. So lucky for me I have a local friend who can ream the barrel. 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:51 AM, Bakerjd said:

Brass grips yes, guide rod no. Although I would like to see what it would shoot like with a lighter slide with the brass grips. 

I am planning on having a slide cut by CZC like the tritop protec (+ optics mount if needed) when I get a backup gun. When that does finally happen I’ll post up how much weight it shaves off + cost.

In between a direct mill optic and the czc plate system I’m currently running on my a01sd.

7 hours ago, dkamps said:

I am planning on having a slide cut by CZC like the tritop protec (+ optics mount if needed) when I get a backup gun. When that does finally happen I’ll post up how much weight it shaves off + cost.

In between a direct mill optic and the czc plate system I’m currently running on my a01sd.

Honestly if I was to do it again I'd send it to someone else. They "couldn't figure out" how to put serrations or slots in the front of the slide for better grip. Kind of odd if you ask me. Would take me less then 10 minutes if I had a mill. I sent them this picture and asked them to do something similar. Couldn't be done. 

9mm-ds9-hybrid-pistol.jpg

Gun is in my hands now. The new grips are incredible and turned out perfectly. The weight is heavy but balanced. Can already tell it will be a great combo for me. Here are some pics. Preorders are up now for brass and aluminum in both thin and palm swell. The palm swell are perfection. These are very aggressive and stick to your hands amazingly. 

Omgzii0.jpg
JCv32xk.jpg

C18cc7L.jpg
Sl0KnPx.jpg

Well just tried to install the palm swells on my brand new A01LD and didn't catch that the bottom screw was very tight in the hole in the grips. Ended up stripping one of the screws. I'm quit used to delicate 1911 and tanfo screws and guess I was a little to eager tonight. Ahh well. 

Edited by Bakerjd

On 7/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, Bakerjd said:

Honestly if I was to do it again I'd send it to someone else. They "couldn't figure out" how to put serrations or slots in the front of the slide for better grip. Kind of odd if you ask me. Would take me less then 10 minutes if I had a mill. I sent them this picture and asked them to do something similar. Couldn't be done. 

9mm-ds9-hybrid-pistol.jpg

I plan on having F4E do the optics mount (along with a p01 I’ll send in) now that I’ve seen they can do it on the A01… I’ll see if they are game to try some slide weight reduction, thought I doubt it.

Not looking for anything fancy. Just a tri top, and some usable front serrations. If a competent welder can fill the front sight dovetail that would be an aesthetically pleasing bonus.