Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC A01 Owners (want to add more weight?)

Posvar

My A01-LD came in around 53oz with a 140mm mag in it. Playing with the idea of seeing what it would feel like closer to the CO max. Brass grips are something I’ll be trying (will make weight by a tad) and then possibly also a tungsten guide rod without the grips just to see how it feels. The A01 shoots so well but it’s always fun to tinker. 

I wanted to gauge interest to see who might be interested in this endeavor. 

Matt

Edited by Posvar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/8/2022 at 9:39 PM, Johnnymazz said:

I also have the Ao1 custom single action pistol. Waited 4 months for the build

That is such a pretty gun! Did you go .40 or 9mm?

On 4/8/2022 at 7:51 AM, Bakerjd said:

Brass grips yes, guide rod no. Although I would like to see what it would shoot like with a lighter slide with the brass grips. 

How much weight off the slide are you thinking? It is pretty nice as is but may be a good way to be able to add more weight elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

No idea. Some better serrations on the slide would be nice. 

That I agree with. Haven’t had an issue but when hands are sweaty it’s not too easy. 

7 hours ago, Posvar said:

That I agree with. Haven’t had an issue but when hands are sweaty it’s not too easy. 

I just mailed mine off to CZC for them to direct mill for red dot and do a little trigger work. I put on the form to see about doing some serrations that are more grippy and located more on the upper part of the slide. I'll let ya know what they say. 

2 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

I just mailed mine off to CZC for them to direct mill for red dot and do a little trigger work. I put on the form to see about doing some serrations that are more grippy and located more on the upper part of the slide. I'll let ya know what they say. 

Awesome! How long did they say it would take to get it milled?

On 4/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, Bakerjd said:

If you dont mind what did they quote you to mill the slide, Im interested in doing that to my stock A01

7 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

If you dont mind what did they quote you to mill the slide, Im interested in doing that to my stock A01

According to their website it's $180. I had originally asked to have them do their plate system but decided against it due to the optic I use. I really like my FTP Alpha 3 red dot and using the plate requires the optic to sit above the slide because the plate isn't long enough. So went direct mill so it sits as low as possible. 

2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

According to their website it's $180. I had originally asked to have them do their plate system but decided against it due to the optic I use. I really like my FTP Alpha 3 red dot and using the plate requires the optic to sit above the slide because the plate isn't long enough. So went direct mill so it sits as low as possible. 

That’s a good plan but the only thing that I thought of down the road is that you are stuck with that optic cut. It gives you future options for the RTS2 and the Sig Romeo 3XL/Max optics though. Stuart sent me a pic a couple weeks ago of a little different plate they use for those optics and it looks good.