Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ vs Beretta vs Staccato

I love the staccato pistols. Well balanced. Cz seemed really heavy on the grip can’t remember which one I shot but the trigger was really nice. I’ve only shot the m9 and wasn’t a fan but I’m sure the X is tricked out version. 

Hey, lets be honest, you really don't seem like the kind of member/shooter to ask this sort of question.  The Staccato, no matter what lmtdmstr says, will shoot better that the other guns you have listed.  Yes, it's going to cost a little more too, but you can get the 15% discount if you don't mind waiting 60 days.  FWIW, I just got a C2 last week for work/UC carry and they have actually improved a little most in the last two years.  I didn't have to change mag springs to get it to feed duty ammo.  And they come with a Dawson Precision aluminum base pad now.

7 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Hey, lets be honest, you really don't seem like the kind of member/shooter to ask this sort of question.  The Staccato, no matter what lmtdmstr says, will shoot better that the other guns you have listed.  Yes, it's going to cost a little more too, but you can get the 15% discount if you don't mind waiting 60 days.  FWIW, I just got a C2 last week for work/UC carry and they have actually improved a little most in the last two years.  I didn't have to change mag springs to get it to feed duty ammo.  And they come with a Dawson Precision aluminum base pad now.

What 15 percent discount is this trace? Asking for a friend l😂

Check the specifications of the exact guns you are looking at.  

Most of the current crop of CZ and Beretta match guns are too heavy for IDPA at nearly three pounds.

The Staccato P seems a bit short and light for my tastes, too bad they had to have that extra half inch on the XL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, Jim Watson said:

Check the specifications of the exact guns you are looking at.  

Most of the current crop of CZ and Beretta match guns are too heavy for IDPA at nearly three pounds.

The Staccato P seems a bit short and light for my tastes, too bad they had to have that extra half inch on the XL.

there is a thread around here where another member did a box check for the xl and he said it fit. So from the rumors if it makes box/weight it’s good

to go. I’d personally want some confirmation from the md before a state match but the xl shoots very similar to the xc and if the xl Is idpa legal that’s almost cheating at that point haha. 

I was going by a cataloged 8.9" OAL vs a 8.75" Box but if you can angle it enough to fit, great; it looks like a good ESP.  

I agree, I would want something official in hand before buying unless I was getting it for something else and IDPA as an add-on.. 

They don't advertise it for IDPA, just USPSA, 3-gun, and Tactical Games.

• 2 weeks later...