Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Ultra holster for a lefty?

N1BGR

I am looking into getting a new holster for my limited gun, and have my eye on the new CR Speed Ultra. 

My problem is that I am left handed (or as some people say, wrong handed haha) and I cannot find any information anywhere, even on CR Speed's own website as to whether or not this holster can be converted to a left handed setup. I have found that one online dealer sells a left handed version, but they seem to be the only seller that does.

I would love to buy this holster, but if not, I guess I will have to settle for the WSM, as all of my other gear is CR Speed.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Just an update to this thread.

I received one I bought from Shooters Connection today. All said and done, I am less then impressed. It appears to me that all they did to make it left handed is take a right handed holster and drill 2 holes in the right side of it to attach the hanger to. This puts the locking lever between the holster body and the hanger, making it almost impossible to use. For a company with the reputation like CR Speed has in the industry, I expected a lot more out of them.

IMG-8220-1.jpg

IMG-8222-1.jpg

I tried to find a lefty open gun holster a few years ago and they all pretty much sucked.  None seemed to be true left handed, just flipped around righty’s. 

I ended up going kydex and never looked back. Never ended up running an open gun. 

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

I tried to find a lefty open gun holster a few years ago and they all pretty much sucked.  None seemed to be true left handed, just flipped around righty’s. 

I ended up going kydex and never looked back. Never ended up running an open gun. 

I am already running a Ghost Thunder for my Limited gun, was just looking to upgrade to more of a race type holster. Might just stick with the Ghost for now.

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed CR Speed about this issue, and finally received a response this morning (almost 2 weeks later). Their reply was this;

Good Day

The Left Handed Version has the locking tab and arm in the position described. Adding supplied spacers with extended supplied fasteners will create greater space for Left handed operation.

Kind Regards / Vriendelike Groete

Tazio Resca

I should also note that I decided to give the holster a try at my local New Years Day match, and although I did have some a recurring issue (kept forgetting to unlock the holster at make ready) I found that when adjusted properly, it really wasn't too difficult for me to operate the locking lever. I guess this is my lesson in "don't knock it till you try it."

It's actually pretty nice in that the locking mechanism isn't easily disengaged by accident.

Can't believe that still haven't fixed the aesthetics if this already, it's been this way for as long as I can remember (bought mine over ten years ago).