Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armory Craft Trigger Removal

cheby

I am trying to disassemble my FCU that has the armory craft trigger installed. The pre travel screw got stuck so bad that I can't move it at all. At this point I am afraid I damaged the screw. The trigger does not move forward enough because of the screw. Is there any way to remove the trigger without backing out the screw? 

The only two things I can think of is using a fine cutting wheel on a Dremel to cut the screw down, but the takedown lever bar may be in the way and you may damage it.  You can try drilling it out. Start with the smallest drill bit that fits in the hex hole and work your way up.  

Another option is a gunsmith.

Good luck.

One of the things that turned me off about the triggers with the pre-travel screw was that the screw had to be backed off in order to remove the trigger from the FCU.

I've got one of the GG triggers with the over-travel screw and the hex head stripped almost immediately. 

Fortunately that doesn't affect disassembly.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Boomstick303 said:

The only two things I can think of is using a fine cutting wheel on a Dremel to cut the screw down, but the takedown lever bar may be in the way and you may damage it.  You can try drilling it out. Start with the smallest drill bit that fits in the hex hole and work your way up.  

Another option is a gunsmith.

Good luck.

Finally got it out by cutting the screw down. A local gunsmith did it for me. He also tried to drill it out but broke the drill bit. Apparently a mix of loctite and dirt locked it up really well. What a royal PITA... 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, Boomstick303 said:

👍

I am am not a fan of set screws in triggers. 

Can be love hate relationship haha 

they’re great when they work, nightmare if stripped or stuck. 

some good suggestions in this thread on troubleshooting though.