Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else has SRO glass falling off?

Dazhi

Called Trijicon and was told they will need to "re-glue" the glass back.  Takes about 3-4 weeks.  I was really hoping they can just send me a replacement as I have bunch of major matches coming up in the next few weeks.

That also leads me to think I am not the only one with the glass falling off?  I was just shooting when the glass came off, hitting me on the googles.  This one has 8000 rounds only.  No external dmg or anything on it.  Serial # 4xxxx.   My other one serial # 3xxxx has 9000 rounds, both bought together from EuroOptics.  At this point, I want to believe this is just a one-off fluke in Trijicon QC, but curious to see if anyone else has the same issue.   

In the past I have shot many other brands, Burris, Vortex, Sig, etc.  Most of them die or malfunction around 8k rounds, but never had glass flying off. 

sro1.jpg

sro-no-glass.jpg

sro-glass-out.jpg

Been running two SRO's on on two Shadow 1's for a couple of years with zero problems.  Currently have a S2 at CZ Custom getting milled and a third SRO mounted.  Hope everything works out for you, and also hope the mentioned issues are flukes!

10 hours ago, 45 Raven said:

Been running two SRO's on on two Shadow 1's for a couple of years with zero problems.  Currently have a S2 at CZ Custom getting milled and a third SRO mounted.  Hope everything works out for you, and also hope the mentioned issues are flukes!

Great to know!

Steel guns have issues with red dots, especially direct milling ones.  

I have seen plastic guns with 100k rounds on SRO with no issues, but I have not seen any directly mill mounted SRO on full steel guns with more than 20k rounds.  They usually break around 10k rounds or so.  If you have an aluminum adapter plate, it can last a bit longer, but the plate is another potential failure point.