Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo3 Max or Romeo3 XL ?

hkvp9

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bumping this to see if opinions have changed.  I'm now considering one of these to play with on a Carry Optics Glock.  I was thinking about the new Holosun 507Comp as well, but can't make up my mind.  Currently shooting SRO's, but I think I'm going to be needing another optic so now's the time to evaluate...

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Bumping this to see if opinions have changed.  I'm now considering one of these to play with on a Carry Optics Glock.  I was thinking about the new Holosun 507Comp as well, but can't make up my mind.  Currently shooting SRO's, but I think I'm going to be needing another optic so now's the time to evaluate...

I would like to like the Romeo 3Max but I've had at least 3 (maybe 4 I've lost count) returned for warranty issues.

Another local guy has gone through 6.

One saving grace for the Sig red dots is what appears to be a no questions asked warranty return policy.

Call them up, tell them the dot has an issue, they don't bat an eye, issue a RMA and a shipping label, get a replacement back in about 10 days.

I was going to try an SRO over the winter and see how it fares. What are your thoughts on your SRO experience?

6 hours ago, ddc said:

I would like to like the Romeo 3Max but I've had at least 3 (maybe 4 I've lost count) returned for warranty issues.

Another local guy has gone through 6.

One saving grace for the Sig red dots is what appears to be a no questions asked warranty return policy.

Call them up, tell them the dot has an issue, they don't bat an eye, issue a RMA and a shipping label, get a replacement back in about 10 days.

I was going to try an SRO over the winter and see how it fares. What are your thoughts on your SRO experience?

I have 3 SROs, all less than 3 years old. I have two mounted on Glock 17s (primary & backup), and 1 spare that I haven’t decided what to do with yet (covid panic buy) that I use for action pistol/USPSA matches. One of them stopped working at about the 1 year mark. When I opened the cover to replace the battery, a couple of the finger contacts fell out. They must have broken off the circuit board. Trijicon was great, and replaced the optic, but it took just over a month to get it back. Luckily I wasn’t waiting for it.   I like the 5moa dot and have no complaints with the performance. I just wonder if I’d like the bigger window of the XL a little more???

Although, I didn’t realize how expensive they were. They’re almost $200 more than an SRO!!  Does anyone know where the best deals are to find one in stock?  Preferably somewhere that offers free shipping, and no tax?  Maybe my best bet is to wait for Black Friday since I don’t really “need” it just yet. 

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Does anyone know where the best deals are to find one in stock?

Although not always in stock or on sale check out Euro Optics.  I have purchased all but one of my SROs though them, 2 Delta Point Pros, one of those was a refurbished unit, and they have all worked without issue.  They have pretty good deals from time to time.  I cannot remember the tax, but I think shipping was free.  I think I bought an XL for $425 one time.  I will say that was when the street price was around $600.  It seems like the new street price is $699.    

If the only thing you are looking at is if the glass size makes a difference, in my opinion it does not.  I have both SROs and XLs and a couple of Maxs and noticed zero difference on the clock.  I switched to the Romeo 3 XL for the double dot issue the SROs have.  No double dot on the Romeo 3s that you see with the SRO when pointed into the direction of the sun.

Several years ago I switched from C-More RTS 2 to R3XL on my 3 Open Guns. 2 reasons: 1) larger window and 2) excellent warranty, which I already had to use twice because: buttons did not work anymore, dot was gone. No hastle warranty. New R3XL's within 10 working days!

5 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Although not always in stock or on sale check out Euro Optics…

If the only thing you are looking at is if the glass size makes a difference, in my opinion it does not.  I have both SROs and XLs and a couple of Maxs and noticed zero difference on the clock.  I switched to the Romeo 3 XL for the double dot issue the SROs have.  No double dot on the Romeo 3s that you see with the SRO when pointed into the direction of the sun.

Thanks, I’ve had very good luck with Euro-Optic and also Kenzies Optics.  I’m just not ready to pay street price yet. 

As for the wider window, I’m wondering if it will be better for me, since everything I see is “through the window”. I have a very narrow field of vision so I tend to not see what’s not in the window, or very far outside of it. 

I’ll have to che k one out at the next match, I’m sure there will be at least a couple in use. 

17 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I will say that Sig's Optic Warranty is on par with Vortex.  I had issues with the very first one I bought right after release and got it back on the gun in under 10 days with a new optic.  I also believe that is a lifetime warranty now.

i think its 5 year but i hope they did change it

• 4 weeks later...

I started with a 510 on my PCC, then found a mount for my Open gun. Loved the large window.  But then wanted to have the same optics for all my competition guns.  I initially had both Max & XL to do a side-by-side comparison and run them. I eventually settled for the XL cause of the larger perceived window and have it on my open, PCC, Carry Optics, and rimfire Mark IV.  

• 6 months later...

I have them both and I don’t know which open gun has which.  Run them both and they’re the same to me.  Can’t go wrong with either.