Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who runs a battle belt?

chubs3a

I do occasionally, the issue I have is getting a hanger that allows me to place the gun where it needs to be (IPSC). Its currently got the Bladetech TMMS set up but that's borderline for me, the wrong RO on the wrong day could lead to a division change. But otherwise I like the way they work I reckon its more comfortable than the traditional competition rig. 

Edited by terrydoc

What sort of battle belt? The padded type or the two-piece Velcro?

I think the biggest things to watch out for would be the typical drop holster puts the heel of the pistol below the top of the belt, there might be excess offset, and you can't have a leg strap.

1 hour ago, attakmint said:

I think the biggest things to watch out for would be the typical drop holster puts the heel of the pistol below the top of the belt, there might be excess offset, and you can't have a leg strap.

This. Most of these I've seen have a holster set up that would not be legal.

10 hours ago, attakmint said:

What sort of battle belt? The padded type or the two-piece Velcro?

Correct, mine is a home grown version here in Australia that has a smaller pad, but the belt is a bit too wide for the competition holster hangers so Ive gone the Bladetec hanger, its ok and works fine but most of the others are hard to get hold of here. 

I've been running a battle belt lately.  The biggest thing I noticed is it's not as rigid as my DAA outer belt.  Since the DAA mag pouches hang off the belt quite a bit they sag/flop a bit so I switched to some elastic style pouches.  You should be able to find a drop and holster that works.  My Safariland setup is real close but if I got rid of the QLS it wouldn't stick out nearly as much.