Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please educate me on CZ's

Flaman

6 hours ago, WildPete said:

I was talking about the regular Bull Shadow...without the rail.  That Bull Shadow would be in his price range.. 

Calm down. I was just pointing out that there are 2 models of the Bull. 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:34 AM, MacMan21 said:

OK OK gang!  Easy now, we are all here for the common good so let's try to be supportive.

If you want a competition gun consider one of the Shadows - and why not get the best, the 2 Orange or a Cajun or a CZ-USA Custom.  If you want a really fun, really accurate gun to challenge your target capabilities consider the Tac Sport Orange.  I couldn't decide, and now I have both a S2O and a TSO.  🙂

Thanks for the info and for your kindness!

On 7/11/2021 at 7:00 AM, Polaris13 said:

My CZ SP01 with Cajun Gunworks competition package is one of my top three favorite guns that I have.  Actually a great value.  I've shot Shadows and Shadow 2's and truthfully they shot the same as my gun. 

I did the install of the Cajun Gunworks package myself.  Not the easiest job in the world, but doable.  Converted to single action too.  Cajun Gunworks customer service is excellent as well.

My buddy who is a Glock Fan Boy shot it and said "this is cheating" it was so good.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the info Polaris! I had an SP01 years ago and wasn't all that impressed because of the heavy trigger. I'll look into GGW.

On 7/11/2021 at 7:04 AM, Johnnymazz said:

Get one I currently have 11 of their pistols. Quite a few from CZ Custom. Heres my latest purchase waited 4 months for the build.

107091646_628532488059614_7459417600170978834_n.jpg

My God!  Probably the nicest looking pistol I've ever seen!

7 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

Heres my Bullseye and SP01 from Cz custom. They dont answer the phone . Email them and  talk to Stuart Wong. Hes my go to guy for all their pistols.

118573390_1290633144601601_1708389480572790185_n.jpg

Stuart is a long time forum member here...EERW

Flaman I agree that all the different CZ models can be confusing at first.  A few years back I was trying to figure out which one was legal for both IDPA and USPSA and it made my head spin.  I have two now and a bunch of CZ fanboys as friends, so I have a better grip on what models do what. 

I still haven't seen you answer what the intended use is.  If there is even a 5% chance you'd want to compete in the future I would suggest a Shadow 2. 

Like any gun though i would suggest getting your hands on one first and seeing how it feels to YOU.  Shoot a couple models if possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Another vote for a Shadow2! I started with a Shadow2 and have 6 CZs. It is a nice all around gun and shoots great right out of the box. You can modify it more to your liking if you so desire. But it is a great CZ to start with. Just my .02  JD

21 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Is there any of those .40 cal limited models out there yet ? 
Rumor was there a issue with getting 40cal bull barrels ? 

Which limited model do you speak of? I know it's somewhat tuff to find some models of CZ in .40. Tang. Has a pretty good selection of .40

Thanks for your input fellas! Lots of great offerings by CZ and I had fun researching each of their pistols . But... In the end, after much thought I landed on the Beretta 92X performance and 92X (tuned by LTT w/12 lb. hammer spring). I plan on shooting the heck out of the X and reserving XP for special occasions.  

922.jpg

92X-42.jpg

Edited by Flaman

Op, if this is for general use and range practice session, you can’t go wrong with any of the bull shadow( I have 2), or any of the shadow 2 variations( I have 4 of them), with the orange 2 at the top of that list.

for a bit more money , the A01ld is the cats myaow, an absolute marvel of a pistol, imho.