Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Radian Carbon tri pod with ball head

mpeltier

Anybody use one? What are your thoughts on them if so. After seeing some video's on tri pods (Not just the Vortex) I ordered one to play with. With the ball head mount. 

I did a search and was surprised I turned up nothing on tri pods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It finally came in. Vortex did not disappoint. Its about as sturdy as you could get with out making it concrete. The ball head is super smooth and it supports my 11lb rifle with ease. The case is very well made and padded. 

vtx 1.jpeg

vtx 2.jpeg

vtx 3.jpeg

Edited by mpeltier

It comes with an ARCA mount and a screw mount adaptor, so I can easily use it to support my Chronograph as well. Im looking forward to getting it to the range. 

vtx 4.jpeg

vtx 5.jpeg

• 2 months later...

If you don't mind me asking, what is the price ball park on the Vortex.  Hopefully less than the RRS. It is a great looking setup. Congrats.

Thanks in advance,

Tommy Roupe

Edited by troupe

Its considerably less than the RRS. I think MAP pricing is $899.00 with ball head. I have heard of some places offering coupon deals and letting it go for less. I also have read its a rebranded  Leofoto 364. Whatever the case its a solid piece.

I have a good friend who has the RRS and in the near future will be making the 1.5hr trek over to his place and shoot on his range. I will have the opportunity to compare them side by side.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 7:33 AM, mpeltier said:

Its considerably less than the RRS. I think MAP pricing is $899.00 with ball head. I have heard of some places offering coupon deals and letting it go for less. I also have read its a rebranded  Leofoto 364. Whatever the case its a solid piece.

I have a good friend who has the RRS and in the near future will be making the 1.5hr trek over to his place and shoot on his range. I will have the opportunity to compare them side by side.

I was going to say it looks a lot like a Leofoto. I have the 364C and have been happy with it. My ball head it’s as large, the LH-36 but works well. That one looks a lot beefier. Let us know what you conclude on the comparison. I don’t compete enough yet to warrant the cost of a RRS set up, lol.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered one yesterday from Precision Rifle Solutions.  Mainly for my new spotting scope, but I will get attachments for my rifles as well......One of our local precision rifle instructors (former marine) recommended them.  The owner is a former marine and police officer.

• 3 months later...

I have one that I have been using for my spotting scope. It is very sturdy.

I have only shot from it one time. Its really stable with my 13lb+ 22 voodo. Its a skill i need to work on.

The quality is top notch. I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this. Bought one at mil/vet discount price via eurooptic, and glad to see everyone likes it. 

I know this is made overseas, but I think the dirty secret to even the RRS “made in the USA” is the fact that the carbon fiber is probably sourced overseas for All of it. 

some people also think lefoto probably OEMs the vortex tripods. 

im a vortex fan so I’m excited for this tripod to come in.