Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Open Compensator replacement options

9mikemike

Please share any information where to buy replacement of a cracked DVC compensator/barrel. Mine is good so far. I’m just planning ahead in case I’ll need it replaced soon.

STI has stopped honoring their lifetime warranty so I need to source out. Thanks.

The Brazos Barsto barrel/comp will require an immense amount of fitting, as most Barsto barrels do.  Don't know about his other one/piece barrel/comp.  Bob says he prefers the Barsto even though it is more work.

Funny as this sounds, I've found two STI short chambered T2 comp bbl on Flea Bay.

Pad 75.00 for one and 125.00 for the second.  Worth looking anyhow!

Both required to be properly fit to the gun

Why not cut of the comp from the one piece barrel, turn down the OD of the last part of the barrel and make a new extended threaded section (of course fit to the inner slide diameter) and you can use what ever comp you want.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, Rnlinebacker said:

Brazos Custom sells one piece barrel and comp. One which he makes and another that Barsto makes. Both very good options

It’s pricey but it will keep my pistol going. This will definitely a best option. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, zzt said:

The Brazos Barsto barrel/comp will require an immense amount of fitting, as most Barsto barrels do.  Don't know about his other one/piece barrel/comp.  Bob says he prefers the Barsto even though it is more work.

I put a Titanium comp on a Barsto Match Target Barrel. This fitting was insane but worth it.

• 4 weeks later...