Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Sc Limited Or Tuned Edge

North

The main differience I see from the web site is the slide lightening. So I guess my real question is " is slide lightening worth the 300 bucks?". I would use it for double duty Limited/L10 so the slide lock would need to work.

Also does any one know is the edge plus comes with a trigger job? Doing the math gives me a normal edge, with trigger job, magwell, fiber sight, and oversized mag button for slightly less that the Edge Plus, but it is not chromed. So on this line of thinking is having it chromed better than a trigger job? What is a stock trigger on the Edge from Brazos?

A local guy has a Brazos Limited gun and was kind enough to let me put a couple mags through it. After that I can say that it will be my next gun. I dont think you would ever wonder if it will run, be accurate, or last forever. On the other hand I have seen a pile of Edge's that came out all F'ed up. $300 difference on an already $2,000 purchase seems like a really good price for insurance. Spend the extra cash and shoot the gun forever without ever worrying about it.

BTW that slide lightening makes it the very flat and soft shooting. I also imagine that if asked Bob could make the slide lock work for your situation.

• 2 weeks later...
call Bob and talk to him. he'll answer all your questions better than anyone here can.

x2. Bob or Ingi can fill you in on what you need to know.

My .02: get the SC. Along with the slide lightening, you'll get a trigger job with a very crisp break. The barrel crown is recut and the slide to frame fit is .001.

I get on average, sub 1" groups at just around 15 yards (which is about the furthest away I can still see the sites and the exact POA on the target). Don't know if that's good or bad but I'm pretty happy with it. :)

I've got a full custom limited gun on order with Bob. I was planning on making it my primary gun but my SC is so reliable that I'll probably shoot the darn thing until it is worn out.

Last time I talked with Bob, he was pretty descriptive about the differences in the two. If I remember correctly, he replaces parts with higher quality ones. He further fits the parts to ensure closer tolances/reliability/accuracy.

The degree of effort/quality goes up significantly with his custom work.

I have shot both, and I own a Pro SC.

If I had to do it again I would buy another Pro SC in a heartbeat.

And yes, the slide lightening is worth the $$$. A huge part of the muzzle flip comes from the reciprocating mass in the slide. The difference doesn't seem that great in terms of real weight that has been removed but it really is noticable.

By all means get a Brazos if you can afford it but the Edge will serve its purpose. I am using a factory SV and pretty happy about it. I tried a friend's gun with a lightened slide ( not a brazos) and compared it with my slab sided SV and didn't really make a difference IMO but that is just me.