Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need some trigger help.

RWatts

I have a TriggerTech Diamond and although it will go gown to 1 lb I have it set at about 2.5.

I have several times (live fire only) had the hammer follow the bolt home and  when the trigger is pressed its dead. Will not fire. I can manually work the charging handle and the rifle with fire. I have tried to reproduce the problem manually working the bolt and it only seems to do it during live fire. 

Also important, I thought i hada faulty trigger so I swapped it out with a second trigger (same make model). Problem persists. 

Any ideas? 

Lantac upper/lower lantac buffer/spring triggertech safety

thanks!

Edited by RWatts

16 hours ago, RWatts said:

the rifle picks up the next round fine an locks back on an empty mag.

Does the bolt lock back at the bolt face or front of the carrier? Put 1 round in the mag and make sure the bolt catch is engaging  the bolt face back and not the carrier.

I had the exact same problem with a triggertech adaptable trigger.  Triggertech was extremely responsive - i sent the trigger to them and they tested it in several guns but couldn’t reproduce the behavior.  I reproduced it in at least 2 lowers and ended up moving it to a lower where it didn’t exhibit the same problem.  I also adjusted it to nearly the heaviest trigger weight.  I couldn’t figure out why it exhibits the behavior in some lowers but works flawlessly in others.  It’s currently in a very stock rifle-length buffer rifle and has been solid.

Triggertech gave me all possible options - from replace to refund. I appreciated their customer service so much I kept the trigger and still use it. 

I’d suggest check directly with them - they were very responsive for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 9:24 PM, emjbe said:

I had the exact same problem with a triggertech adaptable trigger.  Triggertech was extremely responsive - i sent the trigger to them and they tested it in several guns but couldn’t reproduce the behavior.  I reproduced it in at least 2 lowers and ended up moving it to a lower where it didn’t exhibit the same problem.  I also adjusted it to nearly the heaviest trigger weight.  I couldn’t figure out why it exhibits the behavior in some lowers but works flawlessly in others.  It’s currently in a very stock rifle-length buffer rifle and has been solid.

Triggertech gave me all possible options - from replace to refund. I appreciated their customer service so much I kept the trigger and still use it. 

I’d suggest check directly with them - they were very responsive for me.

Did the bolt that was giving you issues get tested in the lowers? When I switched bolts (from Lantac to JP) my issue totally disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

When these issues occur how clean is the trigger?  I found out last weekend that it does not take much dirt, crud or powder to cause a trigger tech diamond to act up.  I had a primer fall out of a trashy reload and spill some TAC into the action.  The trigger immediately started doubling, tripling and I think once it even ripped off 5 rounds.  Pulled it apart and cleaned it the best I could at the range (I couldn't see anymore grains of powder in the trigger) and upped the pull weight 3 clicks which all helped but it would still occasionally double.  Hosed it out with brake cleaner when I got home and cleaned out the rest of the action.  I'll find out out if it is happy or not this weekend.

Jeff

In my lower it happened right from the start with a brand new triggertech adaptable (before the diamond was made).  

I had assumed it was the lower, but the comment about different bolts could have been the issue. 

Right now it’s in an LMT lower with Bushmaster predator upper and has been flawless (at close to heaviest pull weight). This upper doesn’t see 3gun use - it’s a varmint setup. Has ~150 rounds through it in this configuration. 

• 4 months later...

Take mag out make sure nothing in the chamber out gun on safe open upper then set trigger.   You could remove upper and "mortor" lower and check for hammer movement.   Then attach upper , set trigger and repeat mortor, open upper and recheck hammer.   A way too dry cycle without live fire function test.   You can check without it being on safe also.   It keeps you from manually charging too see if it acts in the same manner as live fire?