Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Competition Glock Sights

Rikarin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I was wondering about that front blade on the competiton set of sights. On the rear sight, it seems to me the sight is somewhat underct, meaning the top is closer to the breech end of the slide, then the bottom is. At the same time, the front sight is angled the opposite way. I recall many target style front sight blades in the past being undercut or at least vertical, which in my mind would reduce glare from the sun, giving a sharper sight picture. It seems this would increase the chance of glare off the front blade. Perhaps the serrations are supposed to stop glare. Obviously, an undercut front sight in a carry gun, would increase the chances for a botched draw from the holster, but on a competiton gun, that could be addressed in different ways. Since we seem to be a little closer to the sun here in South Eastern Arizona :rolleyes: glare can be a problem. Perhaps I need to buy the sights and use my old silhouette guns sight black smoker from my days in the beginnings of IHMSA. Is my thinking wrong on this?

Peter

I've been using the U notch since Scott got started. I was actually running a fixed Warren sight fit for a Bomar Cut slide, but had to change back to my Warrenized Bo-mar for International Standard. That big fixed sight doesn't compress like a Bo-mar!

Check it out!

post-786-1138504806_thumb.jpg

post-786-1138504827_thumb.jpg

The other day, I picked up my G35 w/ Heinie sights on it and the rear serrations were very distracting. They didnt use to be, but after shooting Dave's sight for this long, the rear serrations really distract me now. I was really having to try hard not to let my eyes get stuck on them.

I've been using a set of the Sevigny sights for over a year now. I had been using Heinie's. The Sevigny set-up is much better in my humble opinion. I am considering getting a set of the night sights for my Mod. 37 (current duty weapon)if the sight picture is pretty much the same. The factory ones are okay, but the sight picture is to tight for my eyes (old age). :D

A tip of the hat to I-Shot.

I received my order last Thursday, but the package contained a set of the Warren Tactical sights instead of the Sevigny Competition sights. The Warren sight is a quality product, but not what I ordered.

A quick call to I-Shot and they sent a replacement Friday morning (arrived today - just what I wanted). They even included a postage-paid package to return the Warren's without me asking.

Lots of companies make claims of good customer service. What few realize is providing advertised goods and/or services in a timely manner at a good price is not customer service. That's what you're supposed to do without being told. Anybody can do that with a little effort and attention to detail.

Customer Service is how you respond when there's a problem. I-Shot displayed some pretty good customer service to me.

• 1 month later...

I just ditched the Heinie rear for a Sevigny rear. I kept the Dawson FO front on. I'll be at the range testing it out tomorrow. The opening is much wider. I wonder if that's going to affect me. I was used to the smaller light bars of the Heinie/Dawson front.

Yes the Sevigny rear notch is wider, but I also had used a Heinie rear about a year ago when I made the switch. I had some concern regarding my accuracy when I switched b/c I like smaller sights, more accurate, aim small, miss small,etc. I talked with Dave about this and he assured me that if given the proper time to practice, I would adjust to this and shoot long shots just fine.

He said he shoot 50 y with these with no problems and makes tight sights without any difficulty. He said being used to the smaller sights would take a little getting used to, BUT, the larger sights would enable me to shoot more accurately, AT SPEED. The larger sights, at speed, would be easier to pick up, see, and call my shots with. They were better for speed, but small enough to make accurate shots for IPSC related scenarios.

After having had them for a year +, I agree, he was definitely right.

I put the Sig Rear on my Duty gun (sig P229R DAK) and Shazam! I like it so much better than the Heinie I had on there. Only problem I have with it is that I have a 125 wide night sight on the front that almost fills up the notch. A .100 or .110 would be perfect, but I will deal with it. If I shot a Glock I would have the Sevignys on it! DougC

I shot at a practical match today. It's not sanctioned but scored it kept, etc.. Anyway I LOVE IT! I'm not the world's greatest shot but I picked up the front sight very fast and was on target much faster than with the Heinie rear. The glow of the Dawson front is awesome too. This is definitely a winning combo in my book. B)

Here's a picture of the sight picture. It looks pretty close in real life. Plenty of light on each side of the front sight.

60471647-O.jpg

Edited by 21411

Nice picture 021411. Is that at arms length, like you would see it when holding it to engage a target? There really is a lot of light on each side of the front site. Looks like a nice quick acquistion for speed shooting.

Doug, I think that you must have the tactical sights. The competition ones have an undercut on the rear sight that could snag in a carry situation that probably would not make them very applicable to a concealed carry application.

Rick

Nice picture 021411. Is that at arms length, like you would see it when holding it to engage a target? There really is a lot of light on each side of the front site. Looks like a nice quick acquistion for speed shooting.

Doug, I think that you must have the tactical sights. The competition ones have an undercut on the rear sight that could snag in a carry situation that probably would not make them very applicable to a concealed carry application.

Rick

It's not to scale. The light bars a little smaller than that but not by much. There is plenty of light on each side. A bunch more than with the Heinie. I'll try to take a better picture tonight to resemble my point of view a bit better. It was hard trying to focus on the front sight with the camera.

Looks like a very nice competition sight set up. Thanks for all of the effort and the pictures. Dry fire that thing to death and then go win some matches with your nice set up. Doesn't look like the sights will be holding you back any. Have fun.

Rick