Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo starting to show up

jejb

Local Bass Pro got a bunch of ammo yesterday, and it's not the first time recently. Wife and I walked in around 10:30 and got 5X50 Herter's 9mm 115gr range ammo at $13 a box. They had a fair amount of about everything. Several 1000 primers too, but mostly SRP, not SPP. Hope this is a sign that things are improving. 

34 minutes ago, davsco said:

brownells had pmc bronze .223 the other day for $900/1000 which is outrageous.  but at least it lasted a full 24 hours and didn't sell out in seconds.

😂 said guess people are starting to get into little Johnny college fund

4 hours ago, jejb said:

Local Bass Pro got a bunch of ammo yesterday, and it's not the first time recently. Wife and I walked in around 10:30 and got 5X50 Herter's 9mm 115gr range ammo at $13 a box. They had a fair amount of about everything. Several 1000 primers too, but mostly SRP, not SPP. Hope this is a sign that things are improving. 

Where are you located?  Not seeing any decent prices on ammo around Minneapolis.  

Nor in Mississippi - Local shops in this area are no where close to those prices and the closet Academy or Bass Pro is 90 minutes away.....Actually got the Crappie boat out last weekend and put fresh gas and a new spark plug in it....Springtime may reflect more fishing and less shooting for me - unfortunately 

6 hours ago, 36873687 said:

It’s not well here. They get ammo Monday an Thursday .ammo behind counter no ammo on shelf. Guy bought 5 boxs Winchester white box 115. $300. This is Cabelas/ bass pro

How big where the boxes? They have 200 round packs of those. If that is the case, he got 1000 rounds for $300, so 30 cents a round. That's pretty much what I paid for the Herter's stuff yesterday with taxes included. I had not heard of any price gouging from Bass Pro/Cabela's, or Academy for that matter. 

4 hours ago, davsco said:

brownells had pmc bronze .223 the other day for $900/1000 which is outrageous.  but at least it lasted a full 24 hours and didn't sell out in seconds.

I asked about the 223/556. They did not have any "range" stuff. The cheapest they had were some 5.56 at $90 per 150. Didn't buy any. I have enough, and we don't shoot a lot of it, but lots of folks were snapping it up 5 boxes at a time. 

16 hours ago, jejb said:

How big where the boxes? They have 200 round packs of those. If that is the case, he got 1000 rounds for $300, so 30 cents a round. That's pretty much what I paid for the Herter's stuff yesterday with taxes included. I had not heard of any price gouging from Bass Pro/Cabela's, or Academy for that matter. 

It was 50 round boxs. 

On 2/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, 36873687 said:

It was 50 round boxs. 

Hard to understand why one BP or Cabela's would price gouge while some don't. Your friend must have been pretty desperate to pay $1.20 a round for white box.

5 hours ago, jejb said:

Hard to understand why one BP or Cabela's would price gouge while some don't. Your friend must have been pretty desperate to pay $1.20 a round for white box.

No he didn’t pay it. He has plenty it was 50 strangers buys it up at that