Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More capacity for CZ P10/P09 mags beyond 22+1

Posvar

15 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

I don't think it's listed as a P-09 part anymore, but it's this one: https://czcustom.com/czc-spring-and-follower-kit-10.html

This is what the description says:

First developed in aluminum for testing and then created as a glass filled polymer molded follower.  The new CZC follower and spring combination will add capacity to all you CZ magazines. Works on the Standard CZ 75 Magazine and on the Tactical Sports Magazine (TS).

Can you confirm that it did work on P-09/P-10F magazines?

11 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Can you confirm that it did work on P-09/P-10F magazines?

Yup. I went back and checked my email to make sure they hadn't changed the part number; still 10522 for the full kit.

I had to buy a replacement follower in 2019, having cracked one of the ones I bought earlier, and the invoice for that one mentions TS in the part name, but it's identical to the ones I bought earlier (before they removed the note about P-09 compatibility).

1 hour ago, Fishbreath said:

Yup. I went back and checked my email to make sure they hadn't changed the part number; still 10522 for the full kit.

I had to buy a replacement follower in 2019, having cracked one of the ones I bought earlier, and the invoice for that one mentions TS in the part name, but it's identical to the ones I bought earlier (before they removed the note about P-09 compatibility).

Thanks

I assume the pistol won't lock back on an empty mag with that follower, right?

4 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

I assume the pistol won't lock back on an empty mag with that follower, right?

They don't lock back in 9mm magazine bodies, but do lock back in .40 bodies. (Presumably the wider feed lips let the follower get high enough to engage the catch.)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't take any credit for it but it looks like some modified mag bodies are in the works to make 170mm with Henning extensions and Grams guts. Should be 28ish reloadable when done. Hopefully the gent on this forum getting this done will update us when they are done.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Posvar said:

I learned this weekend you can use a 15 round .40 P09 mag body with Grams spring and follower and Henning basepad for 24+1. I ordered 5 mags for this.

Does that feed reliably? Do you need to modify the feed lip spread at all? I think I tried this with my TSO .40 mags loaded with 9mm in my Czechmate and it didn't work. 

32 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

That’s strange. It just sounds like something that would never work. 
interested in what you find out. 
Isn’t He’s running a SP01 though. 

This is with a P10F based on what Matt told me. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 6:37 PM, Posvar said:

I learned this weekend you can use a 15 round .40 P09 mag body with Grams spring and follower and Henning basepad for 24+1. I ordered 5 mags for this.

Have you tried this out yet?