Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder check on Dillon 1050 with My Bullet feeder located in Station 7

Forgive me if there is a thread that has discussed what I am about to ask.  I have searched and could not find one that talks about using a powder check when reloading with a Dillon 1050/1100.  I assume this is due to the fact of where the Bullet Feeder would normally go in station 6 and you would have bullet seater in Station 7 and Crimp in Station 8. 

I will be loading 223 and do not intend to crimp the seated 223 rounds.  I was wondering if anyone had used Station 7 with the Mr Bullet Feeder with any luck?  I would like to have a powder check in station 6, then the MRBF in station 7 and seat the bullet in Station 8.

Is there a reason the Mr Bullet Feeder would not work in Station 7?

No personal experience but as long as you have a reasonable path for the spring conduit from the bullet feeder to the die I would think it would work fine.

Shouldn't really matter which station the die is located in although obviously some won't work for other reasons.

Once key to make the die work reliably is that the conduit does not put any lateral pressure on the die so if you had it set up for station 6 and you moved it to station 7 it might take a little adjustment or additional support for the conduit.

57 minutes ago, ddc said:

No personal experience but as long as you have a reasonable path for the spring conduit from the bullet feeder to the die I would think it would work fine.

Shouldn't really matter which station the die is located in although obviously some won't work for other reasons.

Once key to make the die work reliably is that the conduit does not put any lateral pressure on the die so if you had it set up for station 6 and you moved it to station 7 it might take a little adjustment or additional support for the conduit.

This was my thought process as well.  I guess I will set up the head this way initially and give it a go before I buy the power check.

I have had the issue with the lateral forces creating operating issues with the bullet feeder die feeding properly in the past so I will watch for that.  I do intend to spring for the Pro Dropper assembly for the bullet feeders with the steel die setup.  It is supposed to alleviate the deflection issue.  

• 4 weeks later...