Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Western PA Section Championship in 2021

Damn this sucks. I enjoy this match because it is close to sone very good friends in PA that I almost never get to see anymore. I'm now in MI and this is a great way to get in a great match and see them. 

I remember hearing somewhere that the match director this year decided not to reprise the role, and that might be a contributing factor. I don't remember where I heard it, though.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

e: It's toward the bottom of the 2020 season roundup from East Huntingdon Practical Shooters. http://www.ehpsa.com/2020-season-wrap-up/

Edited by Fishbreath

45 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

I remember hearing somewhere that the match director this year decided not to reprise the role, and that might be a contributing factor. I don't remember where I heard it, though.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

e: It's toward the bottom of the 2020 season roundup from East Huntingdon Practical Shooters. http://www.ehpsa.com/2020-season-wrap-up/

Thank you for the link. This sums it up and explains everything. You can't hardly blame Roger for stepping away, it is a lot to deal with especially in the current climate. It was a fun match and if it returns I will certainly sign up.

Edited by Nightforce

Sometimes, Match Directors are the Rodney Dangerfield's of USPSA. They don't get no respect. LOL "Hey man, We think you would be a great match director". "Wow guys what a compliment, I'll do it". "Man I'm getting old and would like to shoot more and work less so I'm stepping down. Who would like to step up and keep things going?" Crickets!

Being a MD is very hard work and often a thankless job. That said, this thread is a match announcement and I am going to close it up. PM me if you have something to add schedule or replacement-wise. We have a match management forum for the other subject.