Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does the MKIV "Competition" model really need the Volquartsen Competition Kit upgrade?

MuayThaiJJ

I've decided to get a Ruger MKIV Competition, this is my first venture into this platform.

The upgrades I am planning are: TANDEMKROSS Halo Charging Ring, and Picatinny Mount, w/ Pre-Drilled Recievers.

So, MKIV Competition model owners:

Does this MKIV model really need the Volquartsen Firearms MK IV Pistol Competition Kit?

thanks!

N

Yes, as typical you can improve the trigger even on the competition model.  Thank the lawyers.  

With the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit you will get a 2.5 pound trigger or lighter.  Mine is now 1 pound 7 ounces.

You will love having the Halo Charging Ring, I think it makes racking the slide so much easier.  I have one on their bolts for two of my Mark IVs.  

Mark IVS togethe 2r.jpg

Sexy gun man!

Ok, you guys inspired me. here is my Xmas splurge for my Mark IV racegun mod: Sightron SRS-2 6 MOA Red Dot Sight, Volquartsen Accurizing Kit, Extended Bolt Release, Bolt Tune-Up Kit, and V-Comp, TANDEMKROSS "Victory" trigger, Halo Charging Ring and Shadow Picatinny Rail, Williams Fiber Optic Red Front Sight

• 1 month later...

The Volquartsen pistol competition kit or the accuratizing kit will definitely improve the trigger in your stock gun. You will be much more competitive after the installation and some practice with it. That goes for the Ruger 10/22 also if you shoot steel challenge with it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 11:32 PM, AzShooter said:

Yes, as typical you can improve the trigger even on the competition model.  Thank the lawyers.  

With the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit you will get a 2.5 pound trigger or lighter.  Mine is now 1 pound 7 ounces.

You will love having the Halo Charging Ring, I think it makes racking the slide so much easier.  I have one on their bolts for two of my Mark IVs.  

Mark IVS togethe 2r.jpg

It appears that your scope mounts are offset to provide more clearance, for ejection, unless it's an optical illusion.

What scope mounts are they?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, RH45 said:

It appears that your scope mounts are offset to provide more clearance, for ejection, unless it's an optical illusion.

What scope mounts are they?

Thanks!

No, The scope mounts are normal.  Must be the way the C-Mores sit.