Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production mag pouches with adjustable height

fireman1776

I currently have the older ghost 360s and I want to switch to something where the magazine rides lower. I also want to switch to bullets out. 

I think the daa racers and race masters will work. 

Are there any other mag pouches that are height adjustable and production legal? 

For the CR Speed versa mag pouches, you can adjust height by rotating the belt clip 180 degrees.  It's rudimentary but works.

Can you do something similar with the GHOST pouches?  (Basically rotate the pouch 180 degrees and use the belt clip "upside down".

If the mounting hole between the pouch and belt is off center it may work.

I have racers and would not buy anything with their troublesome spring mechanism again.

Occasionally looking for magpouch parts which jettisoned during a reload gets old. Doing it over again, I’d go back to CRspeed or Ghosts, both of which I’ve liked more.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 12/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, Sniperboy said:

For the CR Speed versa mag pouches, you can adjust height by rotating the belt clip 180 degrees.  It's rudimentary but works.

Can you do something similar with the GHOST pouches?  (Basically rotate the pouch 180 degrees and use the belt clip "upside down".

If the mounting hole between the pouch and belt is off center it may work.

I had not thought of this. I checked last night and while it is possible the mounting plate sticks up above the belt quite a bit but I think it will work. 

On 12/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I have racers and would not buy anything with their troublesome spring mechanism again.

Occasionally looking for magpouch parts which jettisoned during a reload gets old. Doing it over again, I’d go back to CRspeed or Ghosts, both of which I’ve liked more.

thanks for sharing I had not heard of this problem. I’ll look into the Cr speed some more. 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Not taking anything away from your experience, I've been using the Racers for the past few years without any trouble.  In my experience they've been a great balance of price, features, and quality.

I didn't think bullets out was legal for production.  Did something change or am I wrong?

16 minutes ago, Michael303 said:

Not taking anything away from your experience, I've been using the Racers for the past few years without any trouble.  In my experience they've been a great balance of price, features, and quality.

I didn't think bullets out was legal for production.  Did something change or am I wrong?

I assume it's legal -- Ben Stoeger been doing it for at least 10 seasons.

2 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

I decided to try out the daa xip pouches. We will see how it goes. 

I picked up the XI and XIp pouches but haven't really had time to play with them.  They look decent, I'm using them with Glock mags.  I'm curious what you think after you have a chance to play with them.  I was also considering bullets out, but didn't try it yet.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, Michael303 said:

Same here on the DAA Racers.  I much prefer them over Ghost.  I bought mine in 2014, used them for about six matches then parked them for five years.  In 2019 I went all in to USPSA and have been hammering my belt rig with the Racers pretty hard nonstop since.

As far as bullets out there has never been anything in the rule book that prohibits it.  At least not since 2014 when I got started.

• 1 month later...