Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend a brass catcher for AR 15

minnesota1

I have and like the Caldwell on that slips on to a mount that is secured to a picatinny mount.  Mfr Part: 530143  You have to buy additional mounts (123904) separately.  I bought more than one mount to be able to put it on different AR's.

Just don't forget to zip the bag back up when you empty it.  Doesn't work quite as well catching brass at that point.  Ask my how I know.  🤣

39 minutes ago, dkleskiw said:

I have and like the Caldwell on that slips on to a mount that is secured to a picatinny mount.  Mfr Part: 530143  You have to buy additional mounts (123904) separately.  I bought more than one mount to be able to put it on different AR's.

Just don't forget to zip the bag back up when you empty it.  Doesn't work quite as well catching brass at that point.  Ask my how I know.  🤣

I use the same brass catcher, only time I don't use it is at a match. I hate losing good brass especially Grendel, 6.8, Creedmoor

I have the same Caldwell one too, and it works great.  Catches 99.9% of the brass, and the only downside is the cost of those extra metal connectors you put on your pic rail.  1 catcher is all you need and it just slides on to whatever rifle you're using.  

After several years, hot brass has burnt 2 small holes in the netting (I'm talking about 1 square centimeter), and little duct tape squares on both sides have fixed it completely.  A great product!  Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the caldwell that DOESN'T mount to the rail. I like the one with the little bungy/velcro strap. I have both. The strap is easier to get on off than the mount, if there's even room for the mount, and it seems just about as secure to me.

• 10 months later...