Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cold Weather Shooting Gloves?

nhglyn

Go to a ski shop and ask for liner gloves. They are thin with enough dexterity to load mags but are really warm because of the pocket on the back side. It's designed to hold one of those hand warmer packets. Since the blood supply for your fingers passing right by the warmer, your fingers stay nice and toasty.

Being in Northern IL, I shoot year round. I personally like the warmest gloves I can find, and don't worry about how well they work for shooting. When it is my time to LAMR, I will be wearing almost the same thing I do when I shooting the summer. Once I am done, then the jacket, gloves, and hat go back on. If I'm in the zone, it could -80 degrees, and I wouldn't notice.

Blackhawk Hellstorm Tactical Gloves-Cold weather

Hatch Cold weather gloves

*I personally love Blackhawk...but haven't had the chance of using their cold weather gear. I love my my Light Assault Hellstorm SOLAG gloves.

No personal experience with Hatch.

There are 'mini' glove inserts, a glove on glove, that could solve warmth issue within a normal pair of gloves. Tried it one, didn't like it.

The one time I shot in the cold, I used a oversized heavyweight glove to keep my hands warm. During the stage I wore a nomex flight glove that I would keep on under the larger gloves in between stages. The flight gloves arent the best for warmth, but they give you good dexterity and feel and the short amount of time I had only them on, it really wasnt too bad.

When the weather is above 20degrees I wear "shorty" operator gloves from Hatch. They are form fitting and allow incredible dexterity, I can pick up a quarter off of a flat surface with them. When it gets colder I use the form fitting knit gloves with the rubber nubby grip surface by Manzella, available at ski shops. Just be careful on the slide action, or you will have an opening on your shooting thumb area(thanks Beretta). DougC

Being in Northern IL, I shoot year round. I personally like the warmest gloves I can find, and don't worry about how well they work for shooting. When it is my time to LAMR, I will be wearing almost the same thing I do when I shooting the summer. Once I am done, then the jacket, gloves, and hat go back on. If I'm in the zone, it could -80 degrees, and I wouldn't notice.

Seems like we do the same thing here in Minnesota.

Sandoz,

Cool avatar. Kind of makes me want to "march up and down the square" for some reason. :lol: