Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Division - Slide Question

Yagi

1 minute ago, DirkD said:

since they allowed a staccato 2011 with a single stack grip into single stack, i don't see how they could say this would not be a legal single stack and would be willing to slap a benji down and arbitrate it at single stack nationals.

Troy is the RM but he would not be on the arbitration committee.

I looked for a ruling on it and haven't seen anything on it.

Ya I couldn't either.   

You'd lose if someone on the arb committee said you took what was not a 1911 (2011 wide body) and made it into one which doesn't follow the intent of the division or the rule of it needing to be a '1911'... yes, I know 'intent' isn't a word in USPSA but after following how SS came to be there's a lot of it in how rules now exist. 

Like... you can't lighten the slide, but cosmetic modifications intended to lighten the slide (tri-top) are allowed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mikeg1005 said:

Ya I couldn't either.   

You'd lose if someone on the arb committee said you took what was not a 1911 (2011 wide body) and made it into one which doesn't follow the intent of the division or the rule of it needing to be a '1911'... yes, I know 'intent' isn't a word in USPSA but after following how SS came to be there's a lot of it in how rules now exist. 

Like... you can't lighten the slide, but cosmetic modifications intended to lighten the slide (tri-top) are allowed.

It wouldn't be a 2011 converted into a single stack, it would be a modular frame with a single stack grip and a 1911 upper on it.

I may lose but it would show what a crock of s#!t making the staccato ss legal, and another gun built the same is not legal.

1 minute ago, DirkD said:

It wouldn't be a 2011 converted into a single stack, it would be a modular frame with a single stack grip and a 1911 upper on it.

I may lose but it would show what a crock of s#!t making the staccato ss legal, and another gun built the same is not legal.

Yup, fully agree.

The rule book states - "Modular frames in the 1911 style".  If a so called modular "2011" frame, which operates with single or double stack feeding device, isn't a modular 1911 style, then I don't know what is.

Sure would be nice if the definitions were clear.

Jesus, why does anyone care? If it makes weight and uses a single stack mag there's no advantage to it. It's not like Staccato is the only company doing this. 

https://cosaintarms.com/products/

If you want to shoot a lightweight-plastic gripped 45, go ahead. If you want to swap out the grip for an expensive aluminum one to get to the same place as my Springfield, that's no skin off my back.

Edited by PatJones
Changed link

Pat's got it.  Why would you want to shoot a plastic-gripped gun in SS?  There's a weight limit and you want as much of that in the frame as you can get.

Has to be a bushing barrel, so that cuts out just swapping grips on most Limited .40s