Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2-stage process even for 9mm?

matto6

4 minutes ago, boatdoc173 said:

mind if I ask what brands of lanolin and alcohol you use ?  since you have had success with your mixture--makes sense to ask this  question--thanks

Just go on Amazon and search liquid lanolin and 99% alcohol. That’s where I get mine

On 10/12/2020 at 1:01 AM, George16 said:

I diluted my Dillon case lube with 91% alcohol to get rid of the stickiness of the finished rounds. I added 16 oz of alcohol with the 8 oz Dillon case lube in a bigger container and made 24 oz of it.

excellent  suggestion   a nd technique

thanks

I make my own case lube with lanolin and alcohol.  Buy HEET (red bottle) at Walmart.  It's 99% isopropyl alcohol.  I buy the Lanolin on Amazon, just find the cheapest and smallest container that is 100% lanolin.  The last bottle I bought was made by NOW foods.  A 4 oz  bottle will last a long time.  Once mixed, make sure you shake it up each time you use it.

• 1 month later...

I ended up using 2 processes so far

1. Dry.  I don't love it. It requires a lot more force on the handle which is putting wear on everything, including my palm.

2. Dillon lube.   I also don't love it.  I have to clean it off after (I spray with alcohol and then slosh the shells around in a towel).  

I want to try One Shot.   Might be the best of both worlds.  I ordered some on amazon without noticing that it's backordered like 8 weeks. Doh.

15 hours ago, matto6 said:

I want to try One Shot.   Might be the best of both worlds.  I ordered some on amazon without noticing that it's backordered like 8 weeks. Doh.

I've been using both WD-40 Dry Lube and One-Shot, and can't tell the difference.  Once you start using dry lube, you'll never go without it again.

You can get WD-40 Dry Lube locally in all likelihood.  I got mine at Amazon, but I only see six packs now.  Locally it looks like Wal-Mart, and Home Depot carry it.

https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/

11 minutes ago, BiknSwans said:

I've been using both WD-40 Dry Lube and One-Shot, and can't tell the difference.  Once you start using dry lube, you'll never go without it again.

You can get WD-40 Dry Lube locally in all likelihood.  I got mine at Amazon, but I only see six packs now.  Locally it looks like Wal-Mart, and Home Depot carry it.

https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/

Awesome thanks.

Looks like 3-in-1 also makes a dry lube
https://www.amazon.com/3-ONE-120070-Lock-Lube/dp/B00R18XU7E

Edited by matto6