Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Classic Broken Barrel Lug

Dutchman195

Happened today on the range. Knew something was up because the gun was extremely hard to get to rack. Shot a stage and looked and it was JUST barely out of battery. had to inertia clear it to get the round out. 

Hopefully STI will warranty with their lifetime warranty promise. Guessing 5.4 barrels in 40 arent in stock anymore at the factory. 

Anyone have recent experience with the STI warranty process?

broken barrel lug.jpg

I have a message in to them because my DVC-L barrel is not locking up tight in the slide. No cracks in the barrel lugs them self yet but in battery you can move the front of the barrel around and hear it shifting in the frame :(  hoping for a response from them soon.

Nasty stuff.

This is an example of a poorly fit barrel where the link is stopping the barrel instead of the VIS or the barrel is hitting the frame bed before it hits the VIS.

The test to see if this is happening in a pistol I remove the recoil spring, install the slide stop with its arm hanging down, press  and hold the muzzle firmly against the bench.  The slide stop arm should easily swing back and forth with no binding.

Edited by Steve in Allentown PA

Just had an open gun fixed by them, new slide, barrel , refinish,  shipping both ways paid by them with no problems at all. It did take 3 months but they told me right off the bat it would sit for 2 weeks before they touched the package  because of covid. Give them a call or fill out the warranty form online.

2 hours ago, jackntucson said:

It did take 3 months but they told me right off the bat it would sit for 2 weeks before they touched the package  because of covid. 

LOL!  Do they leave the package laying on the ground where the delivery driver dropped it?  Nice excuse, but 15 minutes in a 150 degree oven and the package and contents are Covid safe, not that it was actually dangerous to start with.  I wonder if they do the same thing with their Grub Hub/Door Dash deliveries?

Nolan

LOL no idea for sure just told me it would sit in a holding area but that was also 4 months ago now when all this stuff started,  bottom line 3 months but took care of everything with no questions asked for a gun they haven't made for many years