Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your club

rowdyb

well cant really get into IDPA,, they have been a goat rodeo shooting themselves in the foot since they started. Just look at how many "IDPA LIke" matches there are you dont see with other sports.
But for other sports,,, If people are still willing to pay money to volunteer,, you are correct. No incentive to the org to change. And yep just my opinion that is wrong. RO and running matches is alot of work. Especially at a major. I applaud these folks.. I have RO and CRO majors,, its an all day all weekend commitment. Without them it wouldnt happen.  I find it distasteful to make these folks pay for training.
Charge me an extra dollar a year ,,, Actually do something that benefits the rank and file membership with the money the rank and file membership is sending in. 
If I was an MD at a decent sized club, I would probably add a few bucks to the match fee to cover a class once a year to regulars if the ORG wouldnt step up with funding.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

well cant really get into IDPA,, they have been a goat rodeo shooting themselves in the foot since they started. Just look at how many "IDPA LIke" matches there are you dont see with other sports.
But for other sports,,, If people are still willing to pay money to volunteer,, you are correct. No incentive to the org to change. And yep just my opinion that is wrong. 

I disagree with them shooting themselves in the foot since they started.  

It was great when I started in 2006.  Shooting themselves in the foot can about 2012 with the addendums because of all the gamers.  It really got worse with the Tiger Teams in 2015 (Joyce was running the show, Bill had stepped back) and it's still falling.