Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-15 questions

The buffer is the SCS 5 steel short stroke. I literally am new to ar pistols so I called them up and that’s what they recommended.

As far as the mag well. I didn’t have it on when I took it to the range so can’t say for sure. But playing with it in dry fire I like it.

Also. The 510 height seems right but am still getting used to “mounting” the stock. So perhaps lower would be better.

For context. I used to shoot idpa (it’s Arkansas after all) and some uspsa. Mediocre at best. So. Take that for what it’s worth. As it’s an ar pistol I didn’t buy it to compete with. It’s a toy. Wanted short without the legal hassles. Now I just need to learn how to work the thing as I think it would be fun to run in some club matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The competition side charge lever is the bomb though. I can’t really see ever using the top charging handle.

I think I addressed everyone’s questions?? If not - ask them again or message me. My 10 year old is busy getting yelled at by mom. When that’s over we may try to hit the range and I’ll report back on dot bounce.

11 minutes ago, Dkrad1935 said:

The challenge I had with the safety was just the reach of my thumb I think. When I would bring it to my shoulder and flip the safety, it would stop with a fraction of rotation still to go. It’s getting better with some dry fire practice at home.

Dry fire will help break that Detent in.  I find most AR safeties a bit stiff in the beginning.  There is nothing wrong with the JP safety.  Just needs to be broken in like any other safety.

4 hours ago, DonVito007 said:

What a nice pic!

You do have “normal” comp on both if I’m not mistaken, right? 

What loads do you shoot?

Would you recommend that magwell you do have?

And how about the stock...is that the JP minimalist one? 

Normal 3 port steel compensators on both. I shoot Federal 130 Syntech mostly. I do also run the Syntech 115, 124 and 150 grain loads but I tuned everything up to be optimal for the 130's. 

That's the Taylor Freelance magwell. It's very nice and well made. 

The stock is the MFT minimalist. 

Edited by Darqusoull13

Just got back from range. Shot a couple hundred rounds. Remans from freedom munitions. 115 and 147’s. Runs flawlessly so far.

As to dot bounce. It does move a bit but I could empty 40 rounds into the A zone as fast as I could pull the trigger. I imagine a longer barrel would have less movement. But haven’t ever shot anything else so not sure what to compare it to.

My first foray into reflex sites and im converted. Haha. Seems like you can’t miss and target to target transitions are amazingly fast and accurate. This thing is fun.

1 hour ago, Dkrad1935 said:

Just got back from range. Shot a couple hundred rounds. Remans from freedom munitions. 115 and 147’s. Runs flawlessly so far.

As to dot bounce. It does move a bit but I could empty 40 rounds into the A zone as fast as I could pull the trigger. I imagine a longer barrel would have less movement. But haven’t ever shot anything else so not sure what to compare it to.

My first foray into reflex sites and im converted. Haha. Seems like you can’t miss and target to target transitions are amazingly fast and accurate. This thing is fun.

How far away were the targets?

On 7/17/2020 at 4:25 PM, Darqusoull13 said:

Normal 3 port steel compensators on both. I shoot Federal 130 Syntech mostly. I do also run the Syntech 115, 124 and 150 grain loads but I tuned everything up to be optimal for the 130's. 

That's the Taylor Freelance magwell. It's very nice and well made. 

The stock is the MFT minimalist. 

OK, good to know that your set up is flawless with both lighter and stronger ammo.

I see...and does that magwell make any real diffence in mag exchange or is is just an aesthetical touch;-)?

On 7/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, Dkrad1935 said:

Thanks for you range report.

Did tou notice any difference in gun bouncing when shooting different ammo? I mean you do have short stroke with 5 steel, which I am thinking to get to shoot 115 and 124 S&B ammo, but also do have a great source of remanufactured ammo (147) for a very good price...which I am using in my CZ-75 TS Orange pistol

11 minutes ago, DonVito007 said:

OK, good to know that your set up is flawless with both lighter and stronger ammo.

I see...and does that magwell make any real diffence in mag exchange or is is just an aesthetical touch;-)?

The magwell makes a massive difference. 

Thanks for you range report.

Did tou notice any difference in gun bouncing when shooting different ammo? I mean you do have short stroke with 5 steel, which I am thinking to get to shoot 115 and 124 S&B ammo, but also do have a great source of remanufactured ammo (147) for a very good price...which I am using in my CZ-75 TS Orange pistol

If you handed me a mag loaded with the 147 or the 115. I’m not sure I could tell the difference. I’m sure some people could but I’m not that sensitive to it.