Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-15 questions

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Dkrad1935 said:

I just received my jp. It’s an 8 inch barrel. First trip to the range and it was flawless through 350 rounds and all the glock mags I had.

The thing is like butter. Love it!!

bfceef7b8fa668400ad97b56ee5052af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fot sharing, man!

My take is 10” barrel with M-Lok handguard and a basic upper, but color-wise the same combo probably...black with blue. 

What comp did you get? And what trigger? And how is that stock?

Awhile ago a new comp came out called I believe the "Canable",

Three vertical ports, claimed to be a specific 9mm comp.

Bought it, tried it, nothing! Even turned it up side down, nothing.

I have a 16" barrel, Bullseye powder, 147 grain load. 141 power  factor. I tried some Win. Super Field, a slower powder

to try to work the comp more. Nothing.

Just saying

Thanks fot sharing, man!

My take is 10” barrel with M-Lok handguard and a basic upper, but color-wise the same combo probably...black with blue. 
What comp did you get? And what trigger? And how is that stock?

The stock is fine. I’m new to this kind of set up. So am still trying to figure out proper way to mount it. Out a holosun on there and it’s pretty easy to see quickly. I like the weight and balance. I’ll have to check the build to see what the comp is. The trigger is the flat competition trigger. The thing is awesome.

I’ll try to post a build pic in a bit.

18 minutes ago, Dkrad1935 said:

5d3a74c6ccddc3e0e1257019bc9d173c.jpg
470669e19297ed180826772627b240b6.jpg
774392c4cff5c16edf457bd0c8a9466c.jpg

Build list. Now if I can just figure out how to get base pad off the 33 round magazines I’ll have the really big stick!!

Nice rig.  I was able to shoot a similar rifle at the JPP both at PCC nats.  It was nice but I did not note the dot bounce with the 5 rounds I fired.

Super curious to how the dots moves with the shorter barrel. Let us know what load you use and how much dot movement you see.  

Also, for quicker safety movement you might want to consider the Radian Talon 45 degree ambi safety.  I put them on all of my gamer rifles.

https://radianweapons.com/accessories/talon/talon-ambidextrous-safety-selector-2-lever-kit-ar15

3 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Also, for quicker safety movement you might want to consider the Radian Talon 45 degree ambi safety.  I put them on all of my gamer rifles.

https://radianweapons.com/accessories/talon/talon-ambidextrous-safety-selector-2-lever-kit-ar15

Does the Radian safety require modification to the receiver like the BAD 45 with the pin in it?  Are you just installing those and not marking the receivers to reflect the change?

3 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Does the Radian safety require modification to the receiver like the BAD 45 with the pin in it?  Are you just installing those and not marking the receivers to reflect the change?

I’m not familiar with the BAD 45 safety. If you are asking “am I marking up the receiver” to indicate the 45 degree safety is in the “Fire” position, I am not.  The Talon can be installed as a 45 or a 90 degree safety.  

11 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

The Radian talon does not. As far as I know, only the BAD 45s need those modifications.

16 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Nice rig.  I was able to shoot a similar rifle at the JPP both at PCC nats.  It was nice but I did not note the dot bounce with the 5 rounds I fired.

Super curious to how the dots moves with the shorter barrel. Let us know what load you use and how much dot movement you see.  

Yep, I know some folks prefer a different setup than my 10.5 twins 😉 I'm actually doing a bunch of testing in the off season with the new vertical comp and a few other pieces to see if I can keep the fast feel of my current setup with a little less vertical movement. To me, the rifles hardly move but I know several folks prefer the 2-5 tungsten SCS systems in my 10.5's instead of the 5 stainless. 

Welcome to the club @Dkrad1935

Picture1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Yep, I know some folks prefer a different setup than my 10.5 twins 😉 I'm actually doing a bunch of testing in the off season with the new vertical comp and a few other pieces to see if I can keep the fast feel of my current setup with a little less vertical movement. To me, the rifles hardly move but I know several folks prefer the 2-5 tungsten SCS systems in my 10.5's instead of the 5 stainless. 

Picture1.jpg

I will be doing a lot of testing with my 14.5".  Curious about the new weight.  

On 7/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, Dkrad1935 said:

The stock is fine. I’m new to this kind of set up. So am still trying to figure out proper way to mount it. Out a holosun on there and it’s pretty easy to see quickly. I like the weight and balance. I’ll have to check the build to see what the comp is. The trigger is the flat competition trigger. The thing is awesome.

I’ll try to post a build pic in a bit.

Is that a velcro on the stock? And if so, why?

It is Holosun 510C if I’m not mistakem...isn’t it a bit high in contrast with the stock?

On 7/15/2020 at 10:56 PM, Dkrad1935 said:

I don’t think the comp matters that much. But. They recommended it. Recoil is an absolute non issue. So I can’t imagine making it significantly better.

Your comp is titanium one if I’m not mistakem...so good to know that.

And what loads are you shooting please?

On 7/16/2020 at 12:18 AM, Dkrad1935 said:

5d3a74c6ccddc3e0e1257019bc9d173c.jpg
470669e19297ed180826772627b240b6.jpg
774392c4cff5c16edf457bd0c8a9466c.jpg

Build list. Now if I can just figure out how to get base pad off the 33 round magazines I’ll have the really big stick!!

Nice one:-)

When it comes to buffer...what portion off steel and tungsten do you have please? I can’t find it on the build list...

On 7/16/2020 at 12:39 AM, Boomstick303 said:

Yeah, would also like to know how the dot moves with a shorter barrel.

And what is the issue with safety please?

18 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Picture1.jpg

What a nice pic!

You do have “normal” comp on both if I’m not mistaken, right? 

What loads do you shoot?

Would you recommend that magwell you do have?

And how about the stock...is that the JP minimalist one? 

4 hours ago, DonVito007 said:

And what is the issue with safety please?

There is no issue with the JP safeties if that is the question.  I installed the Radian Talon safety because it shortens the throw of the safety.  The movement of the Talon safety is only 45 degrees from safe position to the fire position.  Makes for quicker dis-engagement of the safety.  The throw on the JP safety is 90 degrees.  The Talon safety drops in with no modifications required to install it.  

The comp is titanium. I’m gonna try to get to the range today and will pay more attention to dot bounce. But first range session I was pulling the trigger as fast as I could and getting all A’s.

But. I’ll pay closer attention this time.

The Velcro is on the arm brace. It’s a pistol so has to have an arm brace. It’s the sbtac brace.

11 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

There is no issue with the JP safeties if that is the question.  I installed the Radian Talon safety because it shortens the throw of the safety.  The movement of the Talon safety is only 45 degrees from safe position to the fire position.  Makes for quicker dis-engagement of the safety.  The throw on the JP safety is 90 degrees.  The Talon safety drops in with no modifications required to install it.  

Downside is the receiver isn't engraved to reflect the fact that it can fire with the safety in that position.  May be ok if you're the only one using it, but if someone else does, that could be a problem. And potential liability.

The challenge I had with the safety was just the reach of my thumb I think. When I would bring it to my shoulder and flip the safety, it would stop with a fraction of rotation still to go. It’s getting better with some dry fire practice at home.