Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2006

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Roy!

I don't pay much attention to the stages any more, just look to see if any odd starts ect.

Looking forward to blasting with everyone down there.

Need a little "polishing" ....well OK, a good bit more polishing but ready or not, I'll be there.

HOPALONG

Thanks Roy!

I don't pay much attention to the stages any more, just look to see if any odd starts ect.

Looking forward to blasting with everyone down there.

Need a little "polishing" ....well OK, a good bit more polishing but ready or not, I'll be there.

HOPALONG

The stages that are out there are just rough drafts that have not yet been through the scc2006 review committee. There will be many changes. Please disregard these for now.

Thanks, Landis

Now ? is that 4 yards or 7 ? to the center of the front of the shooting box?... <_< Or 7 yards to the ?just right of center on the shooting box?

And how high will that target be set? Cuauzzzzaaa ...my practice area is not level and Ahhh.

B)

Im just a dumb steel shooter so ... will i have to pick up the gun out of a bucket, load it with my toes and shoot only upside down week hand pinky finger only? ?

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does the stage diagram for Stage 4 look like a 180 trap? Specifically the angle of the first two sets of walls. Hopefully some tweaking will go on before the stage is finalized.

Is it just me or does the stage diagram for Stage 4 look like a 180 trap?

Impossible to say until we see it set up. The potential is there, of course. Hopefully, it'll be clear where the line is, and maybe you won't even be able to engage the targets when you're past the 180, if it's set up that way.

Stage 8 has some potential to get hinky, too, depending on how you negotiate the 2nd position, assuming left to right engagement order...

Should be a fun match. I see a couple of cool props, and what look like some tough shooting challenges. Needless to say, it's time to practice some prone stuff :D

Cool stage diagrams, but what's with all the low ports?? :D

Roy,

They're about 3 ft from the ground. The picture is quite deceiving but the design team have agreed to make it less 'low'. B)

When you are 6'2" with bad knees and a hundred extra pounds 3 foot ports are more difficult than prone ports.....

Sigh....

This will be my first time to Space City and this range. Tell me about parking, facilities, lunch, and anything else my wife and I should know to enjoy this to the max. Looking forward to the experince,

Cliff

Oh yeah, us short people (vertically challenged) that are orginally from Texas look forward to low ports!

SCC2006

Breakfast - you're on you're own.

Lunch - BBQ Buffet from Joe's BBQ

Stage 4 - 180 trap

I don't like traps of any kind. This is a shooting contest, not a shooter trapping contest.

When this is set up, it will be easy to shoot it WITHOUT breaking the 180. It may be possible to engage a target past the 180. We have set up variations on this theme many times in this bay and we have had a few DQ's over the years.

Stage 5 - Cooper Tunnel

The tunnel will be fairly tall. If Debbie Peek were shooting, she wouldn't have to duck.

Low Ports -

I am 5'7". These will be set up so that I will have to squat. There isn't any "prone" shooting in this match as I "high center" when prone.

Parking - We have added some really close parking in the last two years. Over flow will go to the grassy area next to the Blue Building. If the sprinklers come on, keep your mouth closed.

I have added maps and a 10-day forecast to the TSS web page.

Tell me about parking, facilities, lunch, and anything else my wife and I should know to enjoy this to the max. Looking forward to the experince,

Cliff

Well, Tom touched on food and parking so I'll just add that this range is a top-notch facility with plenty of space. They have "real" toilet facilities (in addition to Port-A-Pottys) which should please your wife. Vendors will be there for your perusing and shopping pleasure.

Weather can be anything and everything - Last year it was truly brisk in the mornings, but it also has the potential to be hot and humid (or "balmy" if you're being polite).

Remember, you're near the Texas coast so be sure to take advantage of the local seafood in the evenings. Kemah and NASA are great tourist destinations if you have the time.

Stop by Squad 8 and say hi if you get the chance!

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo