Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 3 Max on M&P CORE

mgkrs

I haven't seen any other M&P's with the Sig Romeo 3 Max so I got the C-More RTS2 adapter and gave it a shot - and it works! It does overhang the barrel hood a fair bit, but I've had no ejection issues. An added plus is the optic covers up the loaded chamber indicator hole, so the glass doesn't get fouled up by smoke. I wonder if it'll gradually erode the bottom of the sight, but I doubt it has enough pressure to do that. I'll continue to try this in Carry Optics - looking to determine whether I like this or the Trijicon SRO better. Obviously with the Romeo 3 Max being higher you can't co-witness with the sights like you can with the SRO. Nevermind the flashlight/laser, I only use that to re-zero when changing optics.

There's a small gap between the sight and the barrel, so it doesn't seem like it interfering with the barrel is an issue.

IMG_5521.jpeg

IMG_5522.jpeg

Edited by mgkrs

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a DPP mounted on my M&P9 2.0 CORE and the front of the lens does indeed get sooted up after a bunch of rounds.  I wonder if the loaded chamber witness hole leaks enough gas that a piece of tape over it would be blown off.  If it doesn't, I could keep the lens cleaner that way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in the process of hanging an FTP Alpha on a CORE slide.  I ordered the CMORE MT-500 plate but found I needed the S&W plate as well to complete the mount.   I am hoping to get that kind of overhang with the FTP dot as well.  (Slide was an ebay purchase and didn't come with the plates.)

Edited by NETim

• 8 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, NETim said:

I'm in the process of hanging an FTP Alpha on a CORE slide.  I ordered the CMORE MT-500 plate but found I needed the S&W plate as well to complete the mount.   I am hoping to get that kind of overhang with the FTP dot as well.  (Slide was an ebay purchase and didn't come with the plates.)

Any progress? Can you share some pictures?

On 1/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, MatroskinT said:

Any progress? Can you share some pictures?

It was a success IMHO.   I needed both plates as I described above to get it mounted.   The FTP doesn't appear to create any ejection issues and the mount appears to be solid.   

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg