Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

International Relations.

IPSCDRL

That's great (and excellent finger discipline displayed by all!).

One of my associates from Montreal is due for an intro also, if he'll just try arriving on a Tuesday instead of always coming into town on Wednesdays.

Getting foreigners who live behind enemy lines to shoot is a great feeling, the smiles on their faces are priceless.

A slight variant of this that I've experienced is having folks come from the UK who USED to own handguns and shoot IPSC being allowed to enjoy IPSC again for a day or two at our club.

"International Relations., Enlightening people one bullet at a time"

Damn. I read that and thought there were going to be some cool photos from Iraq :ph34r: . Seriously, though, excellent muzzle awareness and finger placement!

Wow.  One of those guys kinda knows the advance ninja-technique of position SUL.

SUL? :blink: Did a quick search but didn't find it.

If you can come up for a catchy name for something; call it "tactical doctrine" rather than an "idea"; and get a magazine to publish it you get to lay claim to it.

Someone figured out that the term "low muzzle" didn't have the cache to become part of the doctrinal mindset of the cognoscenti, so they use the initials for a foreign phrase to mean the same thing, presented is as something worthy of specialy training, and a new buzzword was born. Time will tell if this makes it into the long term lexicon along with the Weaver Stance, Chapman Stance and Harries technique.

Just in case disciples SUL are on-line - these comments are in regard to the style of marketing a technique and term, not a criticism of the instructor of the technique.

You can make sentences out of the various acronyms: SUL for MN at the FC :).

ps: If you want to see how silly the use of a term to market a stance or technique can get, google for the "turnipseed technique"

Fantastic. I tried to work on some of my Japanese colleagues. Even though I thought that I presented it in a very professional and even tone everytime I asked they looked at me liked I asked them to go on a killing rampage complete with innocents involved.

Even tried to take one of the guys to shoot skeet, thought that the shotgun on clay targets might be considered more politically correct than the IPSC targets. Still looked at me like I had blood dripping off of my hands.

While in Japan I did find one person who knew of my shooting hobbies and came to me and mentioned that he had tried a bird hunt in the states and really enjoyed it.

You really can see their beaming faces. Thanks for promoting the sport in such a responsible way.

Rick

Edited by Clay1

ps: If you want to see how silly the use of a term to market a stance or technique can get, google for the "turnipseed technique"

I looked these guys up, holy crap Batman, what a bunch of tools! "We're the best, look what we can do! No one else can shoot quickly or accurately! We don't feel the recoil of a 12 gauge! Knowledgeable shooter's wet their pants when they see us use our Ninja Asshat Gerbil Felcher Technique :ph34r: !"

Jackasses. I've got a tip for you Turniptools. Knowledgeable shooters are looking at what you are doing. And they're not impressed. Go sell it to the gunstore commandos.

Edited by R112mercer