Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend me a red dot please

dspring

1 minute ago, Clay1 said:

Not the op, but I have an astigmatism and I use to have an inexpensive dot on a carbine that looked like two dots connectioned by a chain.  I couldn't figure out which dot to aim with.

On the pistols, I'm running the Trijicon RMR with absolutely no issues.  So Astigmatism is optic dependent. 

DS:  you are no longer shooting off of the front sight, with a dot you should be threat focused or target focused.  You need a regular distance set of lenses to shoot the dot.

I also have an astigmatism,   I was more wondering if the glasses were prescription.  You hit the nail on the head with the regular distance set of lenses I think 

Well, thank you so much again. I remembered that years ago I had bought some good range glasses just before needing a prescription and basically leaving them on a shelf. It’s something that always annoyed me, it was an expensive set with three different color lenses but I just could not see the  front sights with them. Guess what? They work perfectly with the dot in all it’s configurations and I am so happy that I can finally enjoy them. 

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

• 2 months later...