Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Gallery Big Dog Invitational

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok . . . . ok . . . . I agree - I am type A. :P

That match would be a waste of time though. Look, Jake is kicking butt and taking names. I am an old has been. Watching the steel cage match might peak some interest until Jake kicked the crap out of me. Then I'd just have to make excuses . . . and that's no fun right????? :D

Besides - Jake is thumping the open gun matches while I'm reverting back to production - possible even "gasp" the single stack division.

Hell, I'm nostalgic. Nobody collecting dust is going to beat the fastest car.

J

Ok . . . . ok . . . . I agree - I am type A.  :P

Jake is thumping the open gun matches while I'm reverting back to production - possible even "gasp" the single stack division.

Hell, I'm nostalgic. Nobody collecting dust is going to beat the fastest car.

J

YES!....Single Stack in 06' I'm glad my email has helped plant the seed :D

More than planted a seed Bryan. I grew up with a single stack. The best custom gun I've ever owned is a single stack .45 ACP (that I still own BTW). When the limited division started all I shot was single stack, even when double stacks came into favor. Hell, push comes to shove all I know is a single stack .45.

Now, if that's the steel cage challenge I may reconsider . . . just kidding - I trust Jake would still beat me. :P

J

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

Dave Arnold and crew are in the process of putting together the stage design. Still no word from TGO, although I'll try to get through the smoke now that I have a few days at home. Everybody else on board.

Stages will be published at SHOT, but WITHOUT SPECIFICS ON DISTANCES. This match is not about how well one can do homework. It's all about pulling the trigger with brain engaged. On most of the stages, the shooters WILL NOT see them in advance and will NOT be able to see other shooters run the stages (we'll have a "Green Room" where the other shooters will wait their turn)! Custom targets will NOT be available for purchase prior to the match.

Each stage will have a different gun/guns, and some stages WILL require multiple guns.

I also have a surprise or two coming!

Michael B

• 2 months later...

I stopped by Kay's this morning to work on their web site. She said that Jerry was on a plane to AZ and that he had gotten an e-mail concerning types of guns & stage styles late yesterday. Very exciting! SHould make for some great coverage.

Quick note:

I have a little info on it.....

The gang is having a blast, but the shooting is pretty challenging.....Accuracy is IMPORTANT!!!

Holy Terror, is right in the thick of things...It is still anybody's game.

Doug Koenig dropped out at the last minute and Julie Goloski has taken his place.

The match is all about the Filming and is based around the cameras, should show up on the tube as excellent footage.....Good going M. Bane!!!!

They still have more shooting today so we'll see who does what after the smoke is cleared.

Thanks M. Bane and Shooting Gallery for doing this!!! :):):)

Hopalong

I don't think results have been officially recorded, but it was Jerry, Roger, Dave, Me, Max, and Randy. Julie got sick and pulled out the last day/stage. It was quite an interesting match...I mean television production!

I think that once all of the kinks are worked out, this will be a great concept for a regular match. I can say this...we had no idea what we were getting into! I have no doubt that it will be quite a program once it airs.

Jerry shot really well. I never doubted that he would be the guy to beat...especially after my meltdowns from stage 3 to 5! Thanks for everyone who voted to have me on the show, and thanks to everyone who helped make this match possible. I wish I could've performed a bit better!

Phil

Easy money for Jerry.

So who's everybody think will come in second place?? ;)

I'd like to be the very first to congratulate myself for my astute prediction back in October.... :D

Congratulations to Jerry and all the other shooters who participated in what should be a very good thing for our sport!

I don't think results have been officially recorded, but it was Jerry, Roger, Dave, Me, Max, and Randy.

I see a couple of late cast changes occurred.....which Roger and which Randy played?

The Roger in second place is Maj. Roger Sherman of the US Air Force and Sig Arms Shooting teams. Looks like he was only a few seconds behind Jerry.

Congratulations Roger, You have made your Teams and the US Air Force proud!

(M)Sgt Rob Jessee

USAF Action Pistol Team