Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I introduce you to the 2.0 9 major gun

AverageJoeShooting

How does it shoot?  What kind of barrel did you install in it to get it to shoot good enough to suit you?

Do you run a heavier recoil spring than what came in it from the factory?

Did PM also make the compensator?

Is that an Apex trigger/kit?  If so, how do you like it?

42 minutes ago, M1A4ME said:

How does it shoot?  What kind of barrel did you install in it to get it to shoot good enough to suit you?

Do you run a heavier recoil spring than what came in it from the factory?

Did PM also make the compensator?

Is that an Apex trigger/kit?  If so, how do you like it?

Shoots great! I'm 3k rounds into 9 major and so far no problems.

The barrel is a kkn precision. It's made and rated for hotter loads.

Factory recoil spring is like 24 lbs. I run a 15 lb spring and it seems to work fine, I was going to try a spring a few lbs heavier to see if it absorbed recoil better and still cycled the slide, but that hasnt happened yet. 

The compensator is a Carver 4 port. They actually sell a kit on carvers site that is the 4 port comp and the kkn barrel, which is what I bought.

Yes it's an apex trigger kit. I love the pull weight on it, and the crisp straight back feel and the reset is great. But I don't love the glock style double trigger that I have to press before the trigger will travel back. 

I’ve been working on a similar build for a police trade in 1.0. Ported the barrel (3x popples), milled the side, and made a comp from a chunk of steel laying around I found. Milled out parts of the frame as well and filled it with tungsten powder and epoxy. Need to make a horizontal C-more mount next

Just wanted it for a fun gun and just starting on an open 2011 build but it’s going slow. 

FD22CF77-3199-4D69-9F5C-5CE42835E64E.jpeg

Edited by Benevolence

1 hour ago, ryan45kim said:

Any chance you would share more information on your tungsten epoxy weight mods? Locations, %s of mix, total weight increase? 

Thanks, Ryan 

Ya! I milled in the dust cover area and dremeled out a lot of the reinforcements on the frame and grip panel then filled in the area with the epoxy/tungsten. It goops over so you need to re-dremel it back down so it fits. I’ll try to post some pics and more detail. I tried to keep the epoxy to a minimum to bond it all

Edited by Benevolence

Just behind the light rail also has a lot of plastic that can be dremeled out. I’m not too worried about the strength of it; seems at least as strong as the base material. It’s the slide bottom that holds the recoil spring that you have to make clearance for as it recoils back. 

I cant get the backstrap off because it’s essentially glued on now 😂. I did a lot of undercutting on the right side under the trigger and under the shelf where the web of your hand sits. I wasn’t too afraid to ruin this gun; it was $299 and not my main competition gun. 

D750D408-BDFD-4FF0-9894-7976B6A362A1.jpeg

22 hours ago, Benevolence said:

I’ve been working on a similar build for a police trade in 1.0. Ported the barrel (3x popples), milled the side, and made a comp from a chunk of steel laying around I found. Milled out parts of the frame as well and filled it with tungsten powder and epoxy. Need to make a horizontal C-more mount next

Just wanted it for a fun gun and just starting on an open 2011 build but it’s going slow. 

FD22CF77-3199-4D69-9F5C-5CE42835E64E.jpeg

Ported the barrel (3x popples),

u forgot 1 on breach face😀

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking gun.  I was wondering what holster you use for it?

I used to run that same SJC brass weight on it and noticed that it barely fit my Double Alpha Matchmaster holster with the weight on.  It would catch but the gun would sit slightly canted on the holster due to the extra thickness of the muzzle weight.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 7:16 PM, Product20 said:

Nice looking gun.  I was wondering what holster you use for it?

I used to run that same SJC brass weight on it and noticed that it barely fit my Double Alpha Matchmaster holster with the weight on.  It would catch but the gun would sit slightly canted on the holster due to the extra thickness of the muzzle weight.

You can run a cr speed or a custom kydex solution. In my case I just bought all the stuff to make my own holster and moulded some kydex to form the holster