Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Competition Holster

underlug

TJ shoots out of a Blackhawk kydex, and is faster then mortals need be. I shoot out of a "DOH" from blade-tech and am just as fast as any race holster I've tried.

I think the stuff from Blackhawk is pretty reasonable. The Bladetech stuff runs around $65. That's about half what a race rig will cost.

Find what you like and practice.

I recently bought a speed holster (in LH) for my P14 from Chris Patty at CPWSA.com

I am not sure about the manufacturer because it was not marked on the packaging.

The only marking on the holster is a logo I did not recognize.

However, it appears to be the same holster sold by Shooters Connection labeled "SpeedSec".

The make and model I bought was designed specifically for the Para and seems to work well.

During my first practice session with the new holster, I ran about 200 rounds doing bill drills.

My times for first shot from a holstered position seemed to improve with the new rig.

Now that I am getting comfortable with it, I would recommend it highly.

Tls

I have two holsters that I have used for my limited para,

one the older 008 5" and 010 5" the later is now

the main holster of choice, although I have a hellweg holster that

I will use for a production pistol when I get one...

just my three cents worth.

I use either a Bladetec or a CR Speed for my P14. I am faster and get a more consistant draws with the CR Speed but the Bladetec is about as fast as you can get out of a standard configuration holster.

I do like the CR though as I can use it for my P14 in Limited/ L-10 and my Open Para. Just change the muzzle shroud location.

CR Speed 2-piece belt, Safariland 012 holster. I had to have it Dremeled out a little because it was scratching the frame of my P14.45. From what I hear from the big boys, this is THE rig for this gun. Holster is fast, never had the gun fall out. The inner belt is the fuzzy part of the Velcro so it's comfortable to wear by itself while setting up.

I also have a Blade Tech holster and double mag pouch which I use for my G35. You can get both as the Combo Pack Special for about $40, or just the holster for less than $20. This isn't their fancy Kydex, it's injection molded, but I'm very happy with it. They say it's IDPA legal, too. The mag pouches fit tightly around the mag, because the Kydex is cut to be snug. I assume the P14.45 version would be just as good as the G35 version.

I do have a Fobus rig for the P14.45, including the holster and double mag pouch. It was around $20 and it works great, but be careful because Fobuses fit differently. I tried one on my G35 and it was way too tight. The mag pouches are more universal, because they use a little carpet circle to snug up the mag. I don't think it's nearly as fast as the 012, though.

I use the Houge and I really like it. The only recommendation would be add the extra magnets for retention. I can get 17 to 18 rounds in with Dawson base pads and the gun can get heavy. Good Luck....John DVC

Yeah,

Underlug, ask Carmoney who was 4th overall at the IOWA single stack match??? :o

And ask Keith where he was that very same day???? <_<

Ya'll can run but you can't hide!!!! :P

Ole Hopalong has spies all over!!! ;)

HOP

I have a Guga Ribas/SSI and really like it, but feel fairly confident saying that the Ghost (have that one too) will serve you 99.2% as well for a lot less money.

My wife has taken over my Ghost and I'll never get that one back again.

I use a Gilmore for my P16 for limited/limited 10 and switch to a Fobus for 3-gunning when I want something that is easily removable from my belt. Depending on stages, I change my belt up with a holster, sometimes shotshell holders, sometimes rifle mag holders, etc. The Gilmore would be too much of a pain to swap out in that case. The Fobus is irritating, but it works.

*shrug*

Vince

Somebody on the USPSA classified has a gold 012 for sale for $75.

(Tempted to buy it myself......)

Mike,

Don't tell you are going to the dark side as well as some others who shall remain nameless ;)

Phil

The holster was sold. I am getting an itch to shoot some limited myself. Man does not live by bread alone

Edited by underlug