Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Div. Magazine Capacity

John Baier

I was just about to order some wilson mags off of BE.com and thought I should check with fellow BE'ers first.

I have a 40 cal single stack that I would love to use in Gary's new divsion. The problem is that the rules say 8 round Mag capacity at start signal. And I'm worried that the wilson mags that brian sells won't be legal being that they'll hold 9 rounds.

Thanks

John

If my poor memeory serves me right.

Mag capacity for different calibers is different.(Check USPSA Website)

.45 = 8

.40/38super=9

9mm=9?

Would look but too tired and am going to bed, gonna go deer hunting in the morning and need my beauty sleep.

HOP

Just load 8 in the mag and you will be fine.

Now if you want to load all 9 rounds, I think you can declare minor and get that extra bullet. Yes I know it's not about capacity but.... until course designers play by the rules, standing reloads suck.

Gary should be along shortly to set us straight.

O' Mister Overlay............

Does this:
Pistols produced with attachment points for external lights or optics are not permitted.

preclude SIG GSR 1911's ?

I'm assuming yes, just making sure... and wondering why the rule?

Yes, precludes SIG GSR, and some Kimbers and some Para's...

Just my guess... Very closely matches Single Stack Classic rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just curious as to what most of you believe "standard length" to mean. Is it a standard 8 round 1911 45 ACP magazine length or is it the standard length of magazine supplied with the pistol?

This is one place IMO that the rule is a little ambiguquous. It clearly gives rounds in the mag. It clearly says fit in the box. Those are easly defined and enforced. The standard length mag I believe is fuzzy at best. Some may want to play with their compact 45 ACP 1911 carry gun (me ;)) and "standard magazine for that gun is 6 rounds.

Must I use the "standard" 6 round magazine for my compact 1911 or can I use "standard" Wilson or CM 8 round magazines? Both would fit in the box and both would meet the round count requirement.

Standard length in this context applies to a full size government model 1911 that we all know and love.

If you want to stuff a Wilson 8 round mag in your pocket rocket and have fun, by all means go for it. As long as it fits in the box and you maintain the maximum numbers of rounds in the mag as it applies to major/minor you are in good shape.

Gary

Standard length in this context applies to a full size government model 1911 that we all know and love.

If you want to stuff a Wilson 8 round mag in your pocket rocket and have fun, by all means go for it. As long as it fits in the box and you maintain the maximum numbers of rounds in the mag as it applies to major/minor you are in good shape.

Gary

Thanks for the clarification Gary

Since I don't have a "box" to fit it in, are S&A magwells ok or do they make the gun "too big". Also, while we are at this, how about the magazine bumper pads. Do they make the gun too big? Never shot the SS Classic. What is the ruling here?

The SA magwell is fine. A base pad such as the Wilson (either size) is not a problem, although there might be a base pad out there somewhere that is too long.

The box is 225mmx150mmx45mm if you want to make one. Also if you have access to an IDPA box, it is slightly smaller, so if your gun will fit in the IDPA box, it is good to go in the IPSC box.

Gary